Gyre's blog from July 2008

Weave

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished 'Child Possessed' by David St.Clair. which is based on real life events. I thought it was a really good read but it is a book you need to read with an open mind.

3.gif

I finished 'A Canticle for Leibowitz' by Walter M. Miller Jr, it was a interesting book (just slightly confusing at points)

:)

I finished 'Dead To The World' (A Stookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery) by Charlaine Harris, the fourth in the series, it took me awhile to read it because I am waiting for the next four books to arrive!*

The fourth book was my favourite but I did feel a bit disappointed that Eric had forgotten everything that had happened with Sookie.

I started this series last year, but can't remember how far I got. I must pick it back up again at some point. :)

Hope you pick it back up again soon Michelle :)

I finished 'Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman' by Haruki Murakami, which is a collection of his short stories, I enjoyed it, a brilliantly, surreal world that only Haruki Murakami can create, my favourite stories were 'Where I'm Likely to Find It' and 'A Shinagawa Monkey':)

I finished 'The Magician' (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott ~ which was really good, an enjoyable read, the next part, 'The Sorceress' (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) is due for released in May 2009! (its on my wishlist)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished 'The Night Watch' by Sergei Lukyanenko, I had lost my reading spark a wee bit :) I enjoyed it, its the first in the series and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

2008 has really been the year of book series for me :)

:D

I finished 'The Death of Ivan Ilich' by Leo Tolstoy ~

I can really relate to this part of the book, 'Its expression seemed to say that what needed to be done had been done, and done properly'.

I finished 'Once Upon A Time in Japan' Compiled by Sayumi Kawauchi and The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling, they were both very short books and both equally lovely! :)

I couldn't sleep and I had already starting re-reading (or re~vamping) 'Twilight' by Stephenie Meyer, then stopping but I picked up again and finished it :)

I finished 'The Snow Spider Trilogy' by Jenny Nimmo and I really enjoyed it, all of the stories, 'The Snow Spider', 'Emlyn's Moon', 'The Chestnut Soldier' were brilliantly written, all of the stories had a lovely feel to them, its the best way I can describe them. Highly recommended :)

I finished 'Dead as a Doornail' by Charlaine Harris, I really enjoyed it, the stookie stackhouse series just gets better and better :)

:D

I finished 'All Together Dead' by Charlaine, the 7th book in the Stookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery series, it was really good, loads of excitement :lol: