How many books do you get per month?

Guest radjack

Of course, it varies, but generally I bring home about 5 or 6 books a month, often from Borders and used book stores. But during lean times, it can be more like 2 or 3.

Seeing as how I'm taking part in the "Read 3, Buy 1" thread, my book buying has come crashing almost to a standstill. Not so long ago, I would think nothing of coming home with half a dozen books every couple of weeks and ordering a few online in between time, but I'm trying to be very good at the moment and bring down the size of Mount TBR!

Mine varies as well. Like Kell, since I joined the 'read 3, buy 1' support group, my buying has almost come to a standstill.

At worst (or best? :gl:) this year, I bought 22 books. In the past 2 months, I've only bought 4 books in total.

Due to my huge TBR pile I've successfully stopped myself from buying any more books for a few weeks. Unfortunately we now have 2 weeks off work and I can hear Waterstones calling. Why fight it?:gl:

Due to my huge TBR pile I've successfully stopped myself from buying any more books for a few weeks. Unfortunately we now have 2 weeks off work and I can hear Waterstones calling. Why fight it?:gl:

Not to be a bad influence or anything...but do it!!! :D

I used to buy tons of books so I joined the "Read three buy one" support group and haven't purchased a book in ages. I am getting withdrawal symptoms though....:D

I think I have bought around 6 maybe all year - but I have also been sent copies by self published friends that I exchanged my own book for, and borrow quite a lot from the library as well. I also tend to re-read a lot of the books that I do have, especially non-fiction, more than once.

Have just won

Already this month I have acquired 6 additions to my collection of books and I've borrowed another 3 from the library. I am trying hard at the moment to calm down a little as I have more than enough to be reading and also having 2 books on the go at once is unusual for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, I should be hanging my head in shame. I tend to buy about 4 or 5 books a week, and despite reading constantly, I can't read them all as quickly as that. However, I really do intend to stop buying any for at least a couple of months, and then try and reduce the amount I buy - honest!:smile2:

Oh dear, I should be hanging my head in shame. I tend to buy about 4 or 5 books a week, and despite reading constantly, I can't read them all as quickly as that. However, I really do intend to stop buying any for at least a couple of months, and then try and reduce the amount I buy - honest!:smile2:

OH MY GOD...a week....that's amazing...it gets addicting doesn't it? :)

I don't quite buy 4 or 5 a week, but I am guilty of buying them quicker than I can read them! Went to pick Mum up from work today (she works in a library) and have decided that I will limit my buying of books to when I want something specific that isn't available from the library or has a long hold list or if friends buy me vouchers as a present! Not sure I will be able to manage it though, I just love the smell and feel of a brand new unread book!

I must admit, I don't really think about how many books I buy, but it is rare for me to go into tesco's without buying a couple of books (well they get lonely on their own!) and then there is the Friday wind-down at Borders when I find myself buying at least one more. I would say, I must buy about 7-8 a month but I am trying to cut down a little as I can't read that fast and I'm running out of room to keep them.

Jules