Tash's Nose Clearer

Tash

I've always loved playing around with making my own soups, and whenever I have a cold, feel like I'm getting one, or am bunged up, I make this one. It never fails. The peppers give you a wonderful source of vitamin C and the garlic and onion are reknowned for being good bug fighters.

Ingredients

1 green pepper (cored, seeded and chopped)

1 yellow pepper (cored, seeded and chopped)

1 red pepper (cored, seeded and chopped)

1 onion (chopped)

2 cloves garlic (chopped roughly)

2 tins chopped tomatoes

Salt (to taste)

Black Pepper (to taste)

Cayenne Pepper (to taste)

Throw all the ingredients into a saucepan, bring to the boil. Boil some water in a kettle and cover ingredients (don't overdo the water else you'll lose the texture and flavour).

Leave to simmer for 15 minutes then take a hand blender (or pour it all into a food blender) and blend.

That's it.

Easy wasn't it :D

This soup will last 3 day in the fridge. I've never tried longer, but there again, mine never sits around much more than 2 days anyway!

I prefer to keep this soup thick as it has a lovely texture even when blended. I also use slightly more cayenne pepper than most people would as I like to get my nose streaming!

You could of course use fresh tomatoes instead of tinned, however, if you're feeling like poo, do you really want to be standing there skinning and seeding tomatoes for hours to get enough to equal 2 tins worth? Nope, me either. :D

Mmmmmmmmm - sounds delicious! I adore spicy, peppery soups. I think I might try making some of this for next week. I might cut down on the garlic a bit though, so I don't stink out the office - LOL!

I think I will give that a try. Sounds right up my street.

That reminds me of one of my favourites from Creature Comforts..

The cat and the dog are on the sofa, and the cat is saying that you never know what's around the corner. Then the dog replies that there's a shop and a take away.

That is my very silly literal humour down to a tee!

• 1 year later...