Marian Keyes - This Charming Man

I have just read this book in a couple of days and it is fantastic.

As always it is incredibly funny and touches on very serious issues.

I loved it and i cannot recommend it enough - in fact it made me laugh out loads of times!

Just read it - i do not want to say too much in case i reveal any part of the plot!!!

I have "Anybody Out There?" but I've been put off reading it because I haven't read any of the other books in the series :lol:

I didn't actually realise they were a series at first. As I said before I read "Anybody Out There?" before "Angels" but it didn't really matter. I just thought once what happened when the main character in "Anybody About Out?" was mentioned but didn't ruin the book. It's not a series where you need to read them in order I think.

Angels.

I read "Anybody Out There?" last year and loved that too.

me too sarah!

that book is good I've not read yet Rachel's holiday! I've still to read that one!

have you read that?

I was wondering if it's just as good as her other work?

:lol:

me too sarah!

that book is good I've not read yet Rachel's holiday! I've still to read that one!

have you read that?

I was wondering if it's just as good as her other work?

:lol:

I've not read it yet but it's in my cupboard waiting to be read. If it's anything like Anybody Out There? and Angels it should be great. :lol:

• 3 months later...

I just finished This Charming Man, and was surprised as to how different from her other books it is! But it was really good, and i loved it!

I only need to read Angels, then ive read them all. Theyre all really great, except Watermelon, i somehow didnt really like it much...

I read This charming Man in June while I was in Canada & I HATED it! The story is great, but the telling of the story is what drove me absolutely crazy! Such a great idea for a book, but I thought that it was terribly done (without giving anything away). Marian Keyes usually does so much better!

I read This charming Man in June while I was in Canada & I HATED it! The story is great, but the telling of the story is what drove me absolutely crazy! Such a great idea for a book, but I thought that it was terribly done (without giving anything away). Marian Keyes usually does so much better!

In what way is the telling of the story annoying?