QI Book of Animal Ignorance

kitty_kitty

QI: The Book of Animal Ignorance (Hardcover)

by Stephen Fry (Foreword), John Lloyd (Author), John Mitchinson (Author)

Book Description

A bestiary for the 21st century from the writers of the hit BBC show 'QI'.

Synopsis

Join the QI team for an off-road safari through a hundred of the most interesting members of the animal kingdom, armed with illuminating illustrations and diagrams by award-winning artist Ted Dewan. Meet the water bears that can live in suspension for hundreds of years, the parasite carried by your cat that makes men grumpy and women promiscuous, and the woodlouse that drinks through its bottom. Marvel at elephants that walk on tiptoe, pigs that shine in the dark, and woodpeckers that have ears on the end of their tongues. If you still think a pangolin is a musical instrument, that hyenas are dogs, or that sheep are pointless and stupid, "The Book of Animal Ignorance" has arrived just in time

(above from amazon)

This book is fantastic for those who loves facts and animals although i have had to stop reading it on the bus because it does cause lots of giggling, but i do know which mammal has the biggest willy and what happens to the poor male angler fish.

Brilliant really, really recommended

;):):)

I love QI. Specifically, I love Stephen Fry (although I fear he wouldn't feel the same about me!).

I imagine this is the sort of book that will turn up in the Bookbarn in droves eventually (if they have one copy of Michael Palin's Around the World in 80 Days, they have 100!) so I might wait a while - or I may put it on my Christmas list.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Did anyone see the christmas special?

It was good :)

No I missed it!! :lol:

My OH did get the QI Annual for his birthday recently so I had a wee flick through it (as you do :lol:) and I found it to be quite entertaining in places :lol: