The Lovers

sib

I´ll give you the blurb...

As the Allied forces occupy Japan at the end of World War II, an intense love affair develops between Australian Allen ´Spin´ Bowler, an interpreter in the British army, and Momoko, a woman whose calmness and dignity veil the tiredness and defeat she has suffered.

In the quiet sanctuary of Momoko´s room, Spin gradually sheds his shy bookish self and their love blossoms. However, the betrayal that follows has devastating consequences, forever changing the course of both their lives.

A powerful and compelling story of love found and lost, of trust and passion, secrets and jealousy. The Lovers´Room is nothing short of unforgettable.

I enjoyed it..the plot was quite simple, but the emotions of the characters are described really well. Not sure about the The Lovers´Room is nothing short of unforgettable bit, but I suppose they would write that.

8 out of 10

I´m on Read it Swap it if anyone wants to swap it with me..Have just swapped it..

Edited by sib