Puffin Post - Who Remembers?

Hi Janet,

If you joined the Puffin Club you would get a Puffin Post once a quarter - something very special to receive through the letter box. On the back cover - some of the latest puffin books published, inside - articles, stories, reviews, competitions, cartoons and illustrations, & general food for the imagination.

Thanks for the reply,

Hi Janet,

If you joined the Puffin Club you would get a Puffin Post once a quarter - something very special to receive through the letter box. On the back cover - some of the latest puffin books published, inside - articles, stories, reviews, competitions, cartoons and illustrations, & general food for the imagination.

Thanks for the reply,

How did I not know about this??! My parents used to call me Basil Bookworm yet they never told me of its existence. (Although maybe they didn't know).

</Feels deprived> :friends0:

• 1 month later...

I was a Puffin Club member too!

One of my cousins used to work for Puffin, so we used to get parcels of Puffins from time to time. I'd forgotten all about Puffin Post. Do you remember there were Puffin Club badges too?

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the Puffin Club VERY well! When my kids discovered my old Puffin Posts and other stuff, it revived my interest. The School book club still exists, though it's now run by the Book People. The school club is a way for kids to get hold of books at a discount and the school to get books for their library. The old club fizzled out in '87 but the school magazine 'Flight' continued.

Edited by Michelle
Link removed, as this person hasn't posted any more, and we're not here for promotion and search engines! :)

• 1 month later...

I appreciate that links for promotion are a low-handed tool by marketeers, but if you'd followed the link to my blog, you would have seen that I am a private individual with a specific interest in the Puffin Club - I just thought that anyone following the forum would be interested in the restoration I have been doing, as there is very little information out there - even on official sites! I am also self employed and have been too busy to do much more than update my personal blog. So, if anyone is interested in the only archive of Puffin Club / Puffin Post material, you will have to use the search engine and take pot luck.

Not so Fat Puffin

It's not just about marketing though, it's about getting visits, links back etc.. if I went to book related forums, and posted only once, to mention my own forum/review blog etc, I'd soon get kicked out.

I still say that we are a book community, and aren't here for people to leave their links, and never post again. I'm sorry if that upset you.

Thanks for that - I certainly intend to discuss reading matter of all kinds. I'm sorry if my comment was interpreted as a callous and shallow piece of self publicity. It was certainly not intended as such. The encouraging of childrens literacy is of personal importance to me - and the dissemination of that message of paramount importance. When I have a bit more time - please watch out for my affectionate diatribe against the religious intolerance evident in the the Chronicles of Narnia (one of my favourite series of childrens stories)

:welcome2: