• 51 - 60
    • 61 - 70
    • 71 - 80
    • 81 +

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A slightly late Happy Birthday from me BookJumper. :D Hope you had a good one.

Just realised it's only a month and 14 days until my long awaited 16th birthday now. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Ben

I am 22 (23 in November) and feel old but I went to the zoo the other day with my mum and mum said two adults please and the woman looked at me and asked 'are you under 13 years old'? (child ticket is cheaper for 13 and under)

I immediately replied nicely 'no i'm 22' thinking she didn't see me properly but then she looked me right in the face and said 'are you serious' I was like erm why would I be pretending to be older as the older you are the more expensive it is to get it..:she:.

Also said at least I won't look old when I am old, but was stupidly then paranoid for days thinking I look too immature lol just great.

Mum asked the woman while laughing what she thought my age was but the she couldn't put an age on me.....and the woman beside her just said 'oh are you insulting people again' :lol:

Someone thought you were 13 Sarah??? WOW!! I mean, I get the whole 'are you over 18' thing when I go to pubs and clubs, but 13??? You don't look 13 :lol:

I'm 22 in November. My friend is only turning 21 in a couple of weeks, and she keeps moaning about getting older. It's quite irritating :she:

Someone thought you were 13 Sarah??? WOW!! I mean, I get the whole 'are you over 18' thing when I go to pubs and clubs, but 13??? You don't look 13 :P

I'm 22 in November. My friend is only turning 21 in a couple of weeks, and she keeps moaning about getting older. It's quite irritating :lol:

I know it was a bit much asking if I was possibly 12 years old...:lol::smile2: Glad you don't think I do! :lol: It's funny I can go into a pub and nearly everytime not get asked but am asked at a zoo, what is the world coming too lol

I know sometimes I wish I was still 21 but age is but a number and I even forget my age at times :she:

I have to say, it's quite nice when people tell me I don't look old enough to have children! :she:

Yes I bet that is nice :lol: hopefully they don't think you look like a teenage mum though that wouldn't be as nice!

The older you get the nicer it is being told you look younger I reckon. It's slightly annoying when people ask what are your secrets though, when you don't have any, just genes.:lol:

Yes I bet that is nice :lol: hopefully they don't think you look like a teenage mum though that wouldn't be as nice!

That's the thing - considering they think I'm too young to have children, I have to tell them my actual age when I say that one is now 10 years old, in case they have visions of me being a mum at 13 or something! :she:

I have to say, it's quite nice when people tell me I don't look old enough to have children! :she:

Now, I used to have that said to me, but now I look older than I actually am, so I suppose I'm just carrying out a cosmic balance of sorts! :lol:

Chrissy, when I saw you had replied, I was wondering if it was to say "Of course you look old enough to have children!" :she::lol:

You don't look old enough to drive, buy a drink or make babies.....The skin! The figure! The joie de vivre! I really should try and dislike you Michelle! :lol:

My mum actually gets the same. Her oldest (my brother) is 24, 25 this year, and I've seen people blank completely when she's said that. My mum does look great though, she's a pixie of a thing, with multi-tone red dyed hair and an AMAZINGLY immaculate fashion sense. Not to mention legs that I'D kill for - she gets marked off round 30-35 usually, and she's going to be 49 this July :she:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest radjack
21.... such a newbie... i'm nervous in this forum... everyone else had read all the goodies.. and i just getting started... whew...

17, I'm with you levine, I'm starting as well:mrgreen:

As of yesterday I am now 20 :lol:

I do look young still for my age, still get asked by the bus driver if I would like a half fare, but its not as bad as an old friend of mine :lol: She was walking home from University one day and the police stopped her asking why she wasn't at school, lol.

I do look young still for my age, still get asked by the bus driver if I would like a half fare, but its not as bad as an old friend of mine :lol: She was walking home from University one day and the police stopped her asking why she wasn't at school, lol.
I used to have the opposite problem, people never wanted to give me discounted tickets because they always thought I was between 2 and 5 years over my actual age: "You can't have a concession, concessions are for under-12s darling" "Yes, but I'm 9". I had to have an adult vouch for my smallness... :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

Am 31 (32 in November) and I still feel 18. ;)

When I was 27, the year I got married but just can't quite remember if it was before or after, my husband and I went into Tesco to buy some beer. When I got to the check out the girl asked me do have any ID!!! I told her my age as I didn't have any ID on me. My husband just stood there laughing at me while the girl was going on about how it was policy they had to ask for it. I suppose I should have took it as a complement that she thought I was under 18 rather than getting all embrassed. I just couldn't get out of there quick enough...with the beer! :)