Your Reading Year So Far

Looks like another pathetic reading year for me....I just can't whizz through books at the moment. Maybe the 10 days at Center Parcs will prove a good time to catch up!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just looked in my book journal to see I have read 19 this year which already beats last years grand total of 18 and this time last year I had only read 7 so I am pretty pleased with my efforts this year. Just looking over last years books it wasn't exactly a great selection and most of them were pretty boring.

I'm behind on my reading too, I always seem to be playing catch up! I'm about 6 books behind on this time last year! I think there are a few factors though as to why I'm not reading as much! I have a different job now so reading at work is really out of the question now! And also I seem to keep loosing my mojo! arrgghhh!

Hopefully it will pick up soon though!

Rather stupidly I put some sort of reading goal into 'Goodreads' .. now it delights in telling me whenever I visit that I am 16% behind for the year :(

I did the same. :( I already revised my goal downwards by 10 books because the percentage behind thing was scaring me, but it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

I'm having a fairly good year, I think. I'm on my 29th book so far, and there have been a lot of very long books (in between 800 and 1300 pages) in that number. I was hoping to surpass last year's total of 76 but I doubt I'll get to that now, as I have more longer books to read in my TBR pile :lol:

My highlights so far, in no particular order, have been:

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo

The Crippled God by Steven Erikson

The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay

Arms of Nemesis by Steven Saylor

Heartstone by CJ Sansom

Lowlights are easier to choose:

Endless Night by Richard Laymon

Zero Option by Chris Ryan

The Religion by Tim Willocks