most stupidly inaccurate blurbs you've ever seen

Hi. I've finished reading 'Daughter of the forest', a rendition of the six swans fairy tale, but very dark. Anyway, the blurb is so completely inaccurate that I wonder if the writer actually read the book. Basically it says the main character gets caught up in a raid and falls in love with the 'warlord' that captures her. This never happened.

Anyway, whats the most innacurate blurb you've seen.

Wow, that's really bad. I wonder if it was a mistake. Either way it probably contravenes trade descriptions. You could justifiably complain to the publisher, perhaps even the retailer.

Writing blurb is a difficult thing to do - I wrote my own, as I could not afford to pay someone to do for me, and besides I wrote book and so know it better than anyone else ! Most blurb on commercially published books (as opposed to self published) is written by the editor. It can be subjective as people's opinion of books does of course differ - it should though be accurate when it comes to the plot. Write to the publisher and tell them how you feel if you feel that strongly about it.