Dexter

Mia

:D The credits are great. I remember when I saw them the first time and was completely fooled :D So clever! But nowadays, even though they are clever, I skip them every time because they are such LONG credits and I want to get to the actual episode!! :lol: Have you watched Six Feet Under?

I haven't watched Six Feet Under (apart from one or two random episodes), but I plan to watch it all the way through one day. :) Michael C Hall is a big drawcard.  :blush2:

I watch an excellent show called Masters of Sex, which is a true story of a doctor and his assistant who conducted groundbreaking and controversial sex studies in the 60s. Anyway, you can tell when watching the opening credits that they were made by the same people who did the Dexter credits. They're just as awesome (and given what the show's about, they're a little bit naughty :D). You can see them on YouTube if you're interested (I'd better not post the link here!)

I must say that I like Doakes a lot, even if he's mean to my Dexter. :) 

I love how Jennifer Carpenter plays Deb. I've said that before, but I'm not ever going to tire of tooting her horn :D She's such a master of doing the 'I'm trying to be tough but you can see how vulnerable I really am'. 

I loved the dancing scene in the Dade City episode, with Deb and a certain other :D Deb can dance!!

Oh, I forgot to mention Dade City! When it was first mentioned on the show, I thought 'Hmm, now what was Sari telling me about Dade City?' And then I saw Headmaster Charleston. :D

I loved when Deb put her foot in it with Lundy after tripping over his briefcase and mouthing off. It's too hard to quote her directly because of her potty mouth. :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season two isn't one of my favourites, but still has some great moments. Lundy is one of my favourite characters, and there's much more to his storyline yet. :lol: Also, in relation to your spoiler Kylie, we do indeed find out. :D

We still haven't got around to season three yet, need to sort that out as four is the best. :D

Edited by Ben

^  Should comment on those before I write about stuff I've discovered, but I have to write this now so that I won't forget!!

Episode 2 or three:

I'd forgotten that Doakes saw Dexter at the NA meeting! And that made him back off :D So funny!! And he was like, keep clean and stay out of my way and we'll be fine. :D 

Episode 2 or 3:

Rita's face was priceless when she saw Dexter's sponsor :D :D I had to laugh, even though I HATE Lila. She's a spawn of satan, she is. 

Episode 4 or 5:

I was shocked when I saw Bertrand in La Guerta's bed and realized what she'd done :o And that it wasn't because she'd fallen for him, it was because she wanted to F Esme over and get her job back :o She's one ruthless piece of ruthlessness! :o

What else... Didn't remember Rita's

Mom came along. Can't remember if she's going to stick around.

This is re: Lundy. If you don't know the whole Lundy story, don't read the spoiler:

I did remember that he would hook up with Deb. Of course that's going to happen later on in the series, I'm not there yet. I was expecting him to show up, because I didn't remember who plays the part in the series. And I had to laugh when I saw him, because the actor played this evil mean sociopath in Criminal Minds :D Creeped the F out of me in that series! :D 

Sorry Frankie, didn't realise I'd given much away there... will be more careful.  :doh:

I know it isn't a huge plot spoiler, but it was a thing that I didn't remember from the last time I watched the show and so ... to me it was a spoiler. But hey, it's tricky to know what to put in spoiler tags, when you're further ahead and can't remember what has happened by which episode. These things happen! 

I'm still going to come back to the earlier posts of you two when I've settled and and stuff, but for now I have to mention that, oh and which episode is this now... 

Episode 5 - The Dark Defender: I'd forgotten that

one of Dexter's Mom's killers is still alive and he's going after him! :o

Episodes 4 - 5 - I'd also forgotten that

Dexter found out that Harry knew his Mom and that she was his informant. And that - shockers of all shockers!!! - they'd been involved with each other :o :O :o What great twists!!!!! This show is freaking awesome!! 

I remembered most of the stuff on season 1 but there's so much to season 2 that I can't remember, and I'm loving it! It's like watching the show for the first time :D 

Oh and in last episode I watched, episode 5: Doakes

said to Deb that Dexter looks awful, and does she think he's fallen off the wagon? And Deb was laughing, saying Dex doesn't even smoke! Doakes seemed somewhat suspicious... I think he's going to go after Dex again. 

This is sooooo gooooooood!!! Kylie, which episode are you now on? The next one I'm going to watch is number 6 - Dex, Lies and Videotapes. 

Just watched episode 7, That Night, a Forest Grew:

Holy crap!! I'd forgotten that Dex makes Doakes believe that the step-father was guilty, and then wrote the report saying that he's innocent, and told La Guerta that he gave Doakes the report the day before. And how he butted his head against Doakes's and then quickly went out to walk in the office, knowing that Doakes would come after him and attack him :o Dexter's so evilly genius! :o Poor Doakes! :( :( :blush: 

Oooh and Deb kissed Lundy... :wub: Oooooh! 

And oh my lord how I hate Lila! I didn't remember her setting her studio on fire... I somehow remembered there would be a fire but that it would come later in the series. Such a manipulating biatch!!!  :censored:

Episode 2 or three:

I'd forgotten that Doakes saw Dexter at the NA meeting! And that made him back off :D So funny!! And he was like, keep clean and stay out of my way and we'll be fine. :D 

Episode 4 or 5:

I was shocked when I saw Bertrand in La Guerta's bed and realized what she'd done :o And that it wasn't because she'd fallen for him, it was because she wanted to F Esme over and get her job back :o She's one ruthless piece of ruthlessness! :o

What else... Didn't remember Rita's

Mom came along. Can't remember if she's going to stick around.

This is re: Lundy. If you don't know the whole Lundy story, don't read the spoiler:

I did remember that he would hook up with Deb. Of course that's going to happen later on in the series, I'm not there yet. 

Re spoiler #1: I'd forgotten that too. I love how Dexter thinks on his feet and uses other people's assumptions to his advantage. In relation to the storyline in spoiler #1,

first he just had to agree when Rita assumed he was on drugs, and then he just went along with Doakes when he was seen at NA. :D I love it! I also loved the look on Dexter's face just after Doakes left the meeting. 'Well, that takes care of that!'

Spoiler #2: I'd forgotten that too. Isn't it strange how we forget so many details?! I'm confident of remembering more of the plots from the later seasons though. She was indeed ruthless!

Spoiler #3: Another thing that I'd forgotten as well. And another character I don't like.

How rude of her just to move on in and start parenting Rita's kids!

Spoiler #4: I remembered that part of Lundy's storyline, and I remember something from later on, but I still feel like I've forgotten something...

Re spoiler #1: I'd forgotten that too. I love how Dexter thinks on his feet and uses other people's assumptions to his advantage. In relation to the storyline in spoiler #1,

first he just had to agree when Rita assumed he was on drugs, and then he just went along with Doakes when he was seen at NA. :D I love it! I also loved the look on Dexter's face just after Doakes left the meeting. 'Well, that takes care of that!'

Spoiler #2: I'd forgotten that too. Isn't it strange how we forget so many details?! I'm confident of remembering more of the plots from the later seasons though. She was indeed ruthless!

Spoiler #3: Another thing that I'd forgotten as well. And another character I don't like.

Spoiler #4: I remembered that part of Lundy's storyline, and I remember something from later on, but I still feel like I've forgotten something...

I totally agree with what you said about Dexter's train of thought! :D I love it :D

Yep it's odd that we forget so many details, but what's more odd is that re: the spoilers we're now talking about, we both remember the same things and have forgotten the same things :D :D So in sync!

Re spoiler #3: I would've been so annoyed even at the thought of it, and would've said no thank you!! 

Which episode are you on? I just mini-binged watched eps 7-9. So tempted to continue!! This is getting really good!!!!! 

I agreed that it's so weird that we've forgotten and remembered the same things!

I must admit that I've finished season 2.  :blush2: I binge-watched most of it in one day. Then I didn't watch any for a few days, but I'm now watching the second episode of season 3, and then I'll stop again and wait for you (Sorry for jumping ahead, but I was having withdrawals). :)

I can't remember what episode it's in, so I don't know if you've seen it yet, but there's a hilarious thing that Deb says to Dexter about someone. You'll know it when you see it.

I've already mentioned this, but I couldn't remember much of Dexter's backstory at all, so most of it has been like new for me. :)

Just watched episode 7, That Night, a Forest Grew:

Holy crap!! I'd forgotten that Dex makes Doakes believe that the step-father was guilty, and then wrote the report saying that he's innocent, and told La Guerta that he gave Doakes the report the day before. And how he butted his head against Doakes's and then quickly went out to walk in the office, knowing that Doakes would come after him and attack him :o Dexter's so evilly genius!

And oh my lord how I hate Lila! I didn't remember her setting her studio on fire... I somehow remembered there would be a fire but that it would come later in the series. Such a manipulating biatch!!!  :censored:

Spoiler #1: I loved that scene in the office. I was thinking 'why is Dexter rushing out of there so quickly?' and then realised.  :giggle2: He's so naughty!

Spoiler #2:

I hate Lila! There's another thing I need to say about this spoiler, but not until you've watched the last episode of the season.

Oh, and there was another major thing that I had forgotten about this season. Let me know when you've watched the last episode and then I can mention it!

I agreed that it's so weird that we've forgotten and remembered the same things!

So weird and so cool! :D 

I must admit that I've finished season 2.   I binge-watched most of it in one day. Then I didn't watch any for a few days, but I'm now watching the second episode of season 3, and then I'll stop again and wait for you (Sorry for jumping ahead, but I was having withdrawals). 

Don't worry about it at all! I can totally understand you wanting to binge-watch. I think I'm going to binge-watch the rest of the series tonight, I only have 3 episodes to watch. Luckily I have the 3rd season borrowed as well. I actually have to binge-watch that one, because the due date is 5.10. and I have to take it back to the library :D I've just reserved the fourth and sixth season, too. I have my own copy of season 5. 

I can't remember what episode it's in, so I don't know if you've seen it yet, but there's a hilarious thing that Deb says to Dexter about someone. You'll know it when you see it.

I totally know what you mean! :D :D It was soooooo funny!!!! :D I was going to write about it but you beat me to it.

A gross English titty vampire :D 

I mean you can't come up with a better nickname :D :D She'll now go by gEtv.... :D

I've already mentioned this, but I couldn't remember much of Dexter's backstory at all, so most of it has been like new for me. 

Me, too. Well the stuff we've been learning on this season :) 

Spoiler #1: I loved that scene in the office. I was thinking 'why is Dexter rushing out of there so quickly?' and then realised.   He's so naughty!

Very naughty :D And did you noticed how he had his hands in his pockets, on purpose? 

Spoiler #2:

I hate Lila! There's another thing I need to say about this spoiler, but not until you've watched the last episode of the season.

Okay!!! That will be later today, I hope! :D I do remember there was something that was coming..... But can't remember exactly what. Oh I do remember one thing, but probably not how it was resolved... Okay,

I think she kidnapped Rita's kids, and I think they went to her apartment, but I can't remember anything other than that. But don't say if I'm wrong or right!! 

Oh, and remember how

Cody had put a dragon zombie in Dexter's bag and he was like, that's so cute, he always puts stuff in my bag, and Lila said that it's manipulative, because that's Cody's way of making sure Dexter will visit. Well Lila would know!!! She has the mind of a master manipulator, so she sees it in everyone else. :rolleyes: That should've rung some bells with Dexter... :rolleyes: Typical man not to get it. :giggle2: I'm glad that he said that Cody's seven, he only thinks about candy.

Oh, and there was another major thing that I had forgotten about this season. Let me know when you've watched the last episode and then I can mention it!

Okay!! :smile2:

Episode 10, There's Something About Harry:

Holy hell!! I'd completely forgotten about Harry committing suicide, because of him seeing Dexter in action :o 

Also, Lila just roofied herself!! :o I now remember what she's going to say has happened in the next episode. Oh dear :o Oh crap!!! 

I've not been a huge fan of the third season, but things just got interesting. Finished watching episode 9: About Last Night.

And holy heck, Miguel's been freelancing! When Dexter did a blood test on the shirt, I kind of knew that there's be animal blood. Somehow it just came to me. Not that I'd suspected the blood before, but when Dexter knew he had to get it tested, I thought 'animal blood!'. And when he was talking to Rita and Rita said Miguel had said she has insight... Kaboom! 

Can't wait to find out what Dexter's going to do about the whole thing! 

Where's everyone else at? 

Oops! How has it been so long since I last posted here?! :(

Very naughty  :D And did you noticed how he had his hands in his pockets, on purpose? 

Oh, and remember how

Cody had put a dragon zombie in Dexter's bag and he was like, that's so cute, he always puts stuff in my bag, and Lila said that it's manipulative, because that's Cody's way of making sure Dexter will visit. Well Lila would know!!! She has the mind of a master manipulator, so she sees it in everyone else.  :rolleyes: That should've rung some bells with Dexter...  :rolleyes: Typical man not to get it.  :giggle2: I'm glad that he said that Cody's seven, he only thinks about candy.

LOL, yes. You could almost hear him innocently whistling as he walked through the office.  :giggle2:

Totally agree on your second spoiler. I loved what Dexter said too. Defending Cody...go Dexter! :D

Ah, I can now mention the thing about the end of season 3 that I had forgotten:

I thought Dexter killed Doakes, not Lila! But I'm glad it wasn't Dexter.

Episode 10, There's Something About Harry:

Holy hell!! I'd completely forgotten about Harry committing suicide, because of him seeing Dexter in action :o

Also, Lila just roofied herself!! :o I now remember what she's going to say has happened in the next episode. Oh dear :o Oh crap!!! 

I'd forgotten about both Harry and that thing with Lila as well. But Dexter shouldn't feel bad about Harry because he was only doing what Harry encouraged him to do!

Oh how I hate Lila.  :censored: Poor Angel!

I've not been a huge fan of the third season, but things just got interesting. Finished watching episode 9: About Last Night.

And holy heck, Miguel's been freelancing! When Dexter did a blood test on the shirt, I kind of knew that there's be animal blood. Somehow it just came to me. Not that I'd suspected the blood before, but when Dexter knew he had to get it tested, I thought 'animal blood!'. And when he was talking to Rita and Rita said Miguel had said she has insight... Kaboom! 

Can't wait to find out what Dexter's going to do about the whole thing! 

Where's everyone else at?

Oh man, the whole Miguel thing...where do I even start? :o

I got a bit lost with the animal blood thing. Was that from when Dexter first killed Miguel's brother? I don't think so. Maybe I was distracted with other stuff when that shirt thing happened.

I think you've finished watching the season now, right? I know it was due back last week. What did you think?

I watched the first two episodes of season four last week, but then I got quite busy with stuff, so I haven't watched any more yet. Where are you up to? This season has the creepy John Lithgow.  :hide:

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to the posts on this thread...

first he just had to agree when Rita assumed he was on drugs, and then he just went along with Doakes when he was seen at NA. I love it! I also loved the look on Dexter's face just after Doakes left the meeting. 'Well, that takes care of that!'

I agree, Dexter's so quick on his feet :D There's a great example of this from season 5 which I'm watching at the moment. I think you said in a later post that you're now on to season 5? How far are you? The scene I'm referring to is probably on episode six.... 

I know you're traveling now, so I don't expect you to respond all too quickly to these. Happy travels for you, but selfishly I'm thinking, who am I now going to talk about it? :D

It's so strange how we forget :o But at the same time, it's so good, because that way the story doesn't get old and it stands re-watching!! :)

So rude!! No wonder R is sensitive... One would be, with someone like that!!! 

Did you remember before it happened? 

I must admit that I've finished season 2.   I binge-watched most of it in one day. Then I didn't watch any for a few days, but I'm now watching the second episode of season 3, and then I'll stop again and wait for you (Sorry for jumping ahead, but I was having withdrawals). 

Hey, I totally understand withdrawals :D I was doggy sitting this weekend and only had the one CD with me, and so could only watch one episode, having watched the first two already. Should've packed with me the whole DVD set! :D

That was so hilarious! Deb has the foulest mouth ever :D

Spoiler #1: I loved that scene in the office. I was thinking 'why is Dexter rushing out of there so quickly?' and then realised. 

He's so naughty!

:D I'm not always quick on things like this, but I remember thinking the first time I saw it that I realized what he was up to  :D So funny!! Clever!!! 

Spoiler #2:

So what did you want to say??

What was this??

Totally agree on your second spoiler. I loved what Dexter said too. Defending Cody...go Dexter! 

He's the best

father ever

:)

Ah, I can now mention the thing about the end of season 3 that I had forgotten:

I thought Dexter killed Doakes, not Lila! But I'm glad it wasn't Dexter.

I can't remember, for the life of me, what I remembered that had happened. I had a feeling it was him, but couldn't be sure. 

I'd forgotten about both Harry and that thing with Lila as well. But Dexter shouldn't feel bad about Harry because he was only doing what Harry encouraged him to do!

Do you know, one thing I've been meaning to say is that I'm not too keen on the

chats Dexter has with Harry in the later series. Harry appearing out of nowhere and giving him a piece of his mind. Sure, I understand why, and all that, but I find it boring.  :blush: 

Oh man, the whole Miguel thing...where do I even start?

I got a bit lost with the animal blood thing. Was that from when Dexter first killed Miguel's brother? I don't think so. Maybe I was distracted with other stuff when that shirt thing happened.

Crap, it's been a while since I watched it... No, it wasn't from when

Dex killed Miguel's brother. It's from when Dex went back to finish off with the man he was intending to kill in the first place (when he accidentally went for Miguel's brother instead), and then he met Miguel in the backyard and he told him he'd killed the man who killed Miguel's brother, in self-defence. Miguel thanked him and hugged him, and that's when and how he got the blood in his shirt. Only he gave the shirt to Dexter wayyyy later, and had given him the wrong shirt altogether, tainted with some animal blood. Smart SOB. I never trusted him!!!! 

I think you've finished watching the season now, right? I know it was due back last week. What did you think?

Season three was okay, not my favorite. I loved season four!!!  :smile2:

I watched the first two episodes of season four last week, but then I got quite busy with stuff, so I haven't watched any more yet. Where are you up to? This season has the creepy John Lithgow.  

I didn't even know John Lithgow was going to be in it  :o  :o So odd!!! 

I'm about 3/4 through season 5 now. Trying to get to the end of the season before I go on holidays. I love the guest star during this season

(Julia Stiles)

Ah, so you're already so far away, with season 5!! Haha, I hated it when I realized

Julia Stiles was on the show  :D  :D 

But loved having

Boyd. I quite fancy the actor who played him  :blush: I was sad that he was finished off so soon. It's taken a really interesting turn, what with Lumen!!!!

:smile2:

Oh and another thing: Throughout the fourth season, I found the

Batista and LaGuerta (sp?)  relationship rather not-believable, and boring.  :rolleyes: 

Re: a new character in the series, on season 5:

I know I said I wasn't thrilled to see Julia Stiles on the show, and I still am not a fan, but I do like the character she's playing!! :smile2: It's nice that Dexter's made a new friend :smile2: And it's such an interesting turn of events!! :smile2:

I'm currently watching episode 10, so there's only two more to go after this.... 

I'll have to reply to your other posts when I get home, but I'll just give a brief update for now.

I've always liked Julia Stiles, and I love her role in the show. :)

Last night I watched the first episode of season six. I'd forgotten who the guest star was for this season, but he's another actor I'm fond of (from his role in Roswell). Quite a few funny moments in this episode. :D

I'll have to reply to your other posts when I get home, but I'll just give a brief update for now.

I've always liked Julia Stiles, and I love her role in the show. :)

Last night I watched the first episode of season six. I'd forgotten who the guest star was for this season, but he's another actor I'm fond of (from his role in Roswell). Quite a few funny moments in this episode. :D

I was just thinking yesterday of whether you'll be able to watch the show on the road. I know you told me you might load some of the eps on your phone (?) but I wasn't sure if you did it in the end. So happy to hear you're able to watch the show! :smile2:

I now have two episodes left of season 5. And I now understand why you asked about

Quinn, earlier. This Liddy is scaring the crap out of me!! What will he do??? 

Oh and a certain someone, well,

LaGuerta, is back to being her horrible self :rolleyes: I hate what she did to Debra!!!!!  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  Always covering her own ass. Always! Selfish. So selfish. No wonder she's not a cop/detective anymore, and is handling the media. Politics are for liars!! 

:censored:  :censored:  :censored:

(I have season 6 borrowed from the library. Initially I was supposed to take it back at the end of last month, and when I tried to renew it, I wasn't able to because someone had reserved the copy, but when I tried later again, I was able to renew it: I guess someone else had turned their copy in and the reserver got that one! Hurrah! :D Otherwise I wouldn't be able to watch it now.... Have placed a reservation for the 7th season)

Oh and thanks for not saying who the special guest is in the 6th season! I like going in not knowing :) 

Edited by frankie

Watching the last episode of season 5... Do not read this spoiler if you haven't watched the episode. 

Lumen just killed Jordan Chase aka Eugene Greer... And I'm thinking, crap, she's not wearing any gloves! Dexter is.... Because he was prepared. Lumen wasn't. It just happened, had to be improvised... Anyhow, it scares me nonetheless, because I know Deb is on her way to the camp site and I'm mega worried she'll catch Lumen because she's not wearing gloves!!!! Please don't let it be so!!!! :unsure: :unsure:

Oh and holy crap about Quinn! Wow... :o He shut up real quick, knowing he's fukked. Unlike Doakes :D Poor Doakes... 

Edit: Fives minutes later...

Holy sh!t Debra!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Edit:

In a way, this was a sadder ending of a season than the one before :( Because Rita had never seen Dexter the way he really is. Lumen did see that, and she was still with him. And then she left :( :( :( :( :( That's mega sad. I'm so sorry for Dexter. 

Edited by frankie