Dr Who Series 4

Michelle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make my mind up about that episode... I sort of liked it, but sort of didn't! It was quite clever, but the endless repetition of people's words started to drive me nuts. Saying that, I was very impressed with Lesley Sharpe and David Tennant; when they had to say their lines simultaneously they were spot on! (Unless it was editing trickery, in which case I'm so disillusioned. :D )

I know why I didn't like it: it was too much a Lord of the Flies situation, with everyone turning on everyone else. Plus my beloved Doctor nearly got murdered. :jump:Plus, I actually think it suffered from Donna not being there. She would have been great, but of course it would have spoiled the story as the Doctor would have had an ally.

Liked the fleeting Rose appearance. Next week's looks amazing, but I'm scared Donna is going to get killed - they've been dropping hints all over the place. :lol:

Something's wrong here Mia, because we seem to agree again! The repetition and such got just a bit too much, but it was scary in a very different way to usual episodes.

May daughter is a huge Rose fan, and she is SO excited about next week's.. I think it looks amazing too.

However, there was an article about in the Dr Who magazine (the 'gown up one, not the one with all the free gifts etc :D).. I'll spoil tag it, for those who keep away from everything like that..

apparently it's something along the lines of the film Sliding Doors, and it shows a Donna who has never met the Doctor. So it could all be an 'this is how her could have been' kind of thing.. so you could have a dead doctor, and a nuclear war, and yet none of it will have happened.. if that makes sense?

Something's wrong here Mia, because we seem to agree again! The repetition and such got just a bit too much, but it was scary in a very different way to usual episodes.

May daughter is a huge Rose fan, and she is SO excited about next week's.. I think it looks amazing too.

However, there was an article about in the Dr Who magazine (the 'gown up one, not the one with all the free gifts etc :lol:).. I'll spoil tag it, for those who keep away from everything like that..

apparently it's something along the lines of the film Sliding Doors, and it shows a Donna who has never met the Doctor. So it could all be an 'this is how her could have been' kind of thing.. so you could have a dead doctor, and a nuclear war, and yet none of it will have happened.. if that makes sense?

Ooh interesting, yet confusing :jump:

*Squee* Really can't wait for Rose's return!!! :D

I can't make my mind up about that episode... I sort of liked it, but sort of didn't! It was quite clever, but the endless repetition of people's words started to drive me nuts. Saying that, I was very impressed with Lesley Sharpe and David Tennant; when they had to say their lines simultaneously they were spot on! (Unless it was editing trickery, in which case I'm so disillusioned. :D )

I thought last weeks was really strange but good at the same time as the timing was brillient too. Looking forward to nexts weeks I loved the trailer seems like we could have a really good and exciting epesode.

I'm always impressed with Lesley Sharpe. Did anybody catch her a few years ago in The Second Coming with Christopher Eccleston?

I did - it was great. I liked the bloke who is a bank manager in the Nationwide adverts in it too.

I used to watch her in that thing where she was psychic (oh dear, can't remember the name of it). I like her, but sometimes her voice is kind of flat and monotonous and becomes a bit irritating.

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow! Our friends were in this episode. :)

We knew they were going to be (the bloke is a permanent extra in DW and Casualty/Holby City), and one of the sons has been in one before, but all four were in this. What a buzz to see them!

Wow, that episode was amazing! I loved it, even though DT was hardly in it.

I'm fascinated by stories based on what happens if you take a certain decision or go a different way, so this was really interesting for me anyway. The whole thing was bloody scary really. The part where the family were taken off to the "labour" camps was downright disturbing and nearly had me in tears. :lol: And the father of the family was so dignified and stoic, even though he knew what was going to happen. *sniffle* Donna was a bit slow on the uptake there though. :D

Overall, I thought Catherine Tate did a really good job and carried the episode well. I got so caught up in things that I didn't really miss the Doctor at all (unthinkable!). I think she makes it very believable - it's a nice change to have people showing they're terrified, instead of being all gung-ho about things. When she realised what she had to do and made the ultimate sacrifice... ;) Very brave indeed.

It's nice to see Rose back, even though at the moment I still think it's a bit of a cheat. I thought her voice was really weird tonight though - how come I've never noticed before that she talks with a Sean Connery-esque, mouthful-of-cotton-wool type indistinction? Has she always been like this? :)

I loved the end of the ep, when Donna told the Doctor "Bad Wolf", and his reaction, then when they charged outside and all the signs read Bad Wolf, even the ones on the Tardis. Excellent! :D

Can't wait for next week's ep (it's not the last one, is it?).

It's nice to see Rose back, even though at the moment I still think it's a bit of a cheat. I thought her voice was really weird tonight though - how come I've never noticed before that she talks with a Sean Connery-esque, mouthful-of-cotton-wool type indistinction? Has she always been like this? :)

We commented on that too - it was decidedly odd.

I'm pretty sure next week's isn't the last one. :D

Shlightly shtrange, washn't it? I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before (it certainly wasn't in the Canterbury Tales).

I missed the first 20 minutes tonight, so found it all slightly bewildering, especially that Catherine Tate had gone back to being slightly shrieky, but by the end it all made sense. Kind of.

Looking forward to next week's episode now :D

Fancy missing the beginning! Basically, Donna went to see a fortune teller, and the beetle got on her back. Together, they pushed her back in time, and made her turn right instead of left.. this meant that she got a different job, and therefore changed her future. She never met The Doctor, and so wasn't there to get him out from under the Thames, after he drowned the Racnoss. So, the story from then on was what would have happened without The Doctor.

Rose was 'sent' to help her, by sending her back in time, to make sure that she made the right decision.

We were at a get together yesterday, and it was really funny seeing silence descend as it started. Plus, there were more adults enthralled than children!

Yesterday's episode was mazing!!!

Rose is quite creepy in a cool way now.

Bet she can't wait to meet The Doctor again

The great hair line had me nodding and laughing ;)

The entire episode can only be described in one word: WOW!

Really can't wait for next week's and then the week's after.

I just wish Owen and Tosh weren't dead so we could have 4 hot guys and loads of great girls.

The part where the family were taken off to the "labour" camps was downright disturbing and nearly had me in tears. ;) And the father of the family was so dignified and stoic, even though he knew what was going to happen. *sniffle*

That had me in floods!