Dr Who Series 4

Michelle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the height and the "short" jokes that made me frown tbh. The sontarans were always stocky, they come from a high grav world, but I don't remember them being so short they were made a joke of.

Watched Dr Who confidential - they were taller.... :D

Well, I don't really know what to say about this one. I think I was expecting slightly more from it, so was a bit disappointed.

I thought that

the Doctor's daughter would be someone who'd been around for the last 19-ish years, living her life, not someone who was instantly created from a tissue sample. It was all a bit weird. I was pretty certain she was going to get shot by that General, and also had an inkling that she might not be dead. That leaves it all open for them to meet again.

I do love seeing people somersault unscathed through laser barriers - completely improbable but impressive all the same! :D

I think the whole concept of the war that had been fought "for generations" was quite clever, and I liked the ending when the Doctor released the terraforming thingy.

Poor Martha had a tough time, and I felt sorry for the Hath who rescued her and then died himself.

All in all, I thought it was a strange episode.

I am sad enough to have done Latin in school and the course we followed was the story of a family in Pompeii, their names: Caecilius, Metella and Quintus!

I studied those books too. For the final exam they gave us the bit of translation about the volcano erupting and poor Cerberus sitting at his master's feet, whining.

Needless to say, there were many sniffles from a very upset class of twelve year old girls during that exam. I think I'm still traumatised!:D

Mia, we always seem to have opposite views about these shows, because I really liked that one! :D

I do know what you mean though.. there have been rumours about him having a daughter, and you would have expected it to have been someone who had been growing up over the past few years.. with a history etc. However, it was interesting to find out that he has had a daughter previously, and it sounds like she was killed - that man is carrying some serious baggage around!

With regards spoilers etc, I think that once a show is aired, there is no need for spoilers. I, for example, didn't get to see this episode until this morning, so I simply avoided the thread. It seems silly if people won't discuss a show, just in case someone hasn't yet seen it. :smile2: (I'll add a sticky to this forum, explaining.)

Way back before I was born, in 1963, William Hartnell's Doctor had a granddaughter - Susan, so it makes sense that he had a child, how else do you get to be a grandparent?

I wasn't expecting the cloning/whatever thing though, and I'd love to see her come back at some point.

But but but (pedant alert) Why did she not regenerate fully?

Because she wasn't a proper Time Lord. That thing in her mouth was Time Lord energy, like when the 9/10 regeneration went wrong.

We think Jenny's gonna marry Jack XD

And my dad thinks they should do a spin-off with her in XD

I think she will be back in the finale

I was disappointed it wasn't his real, natural, biological daughter. Could've been amazing.

I so wanted, when TD had his arm in that thing going "ow...ow!" for them to make Martha and Donna do it and they just look at him and go "it doesn't hurt! you wimp!" and then he goes "I was being dramatic."

Series four is my least fave so far. Almost all have disappointed in some way, though they were still good.

go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/episodes/ then click on the Monster Files in the video thing on the right. then go to about 1 min 15 seconds in :D

Mia, we always seem to have opposite views about these shows, because I really liked that one! :smile2:

I've noticed that! :D

I do know what you mean though.. there have been rumours about him having a daughter, and you would have expected it to have been someone who had been growing up over the past few years.. with a history etc.

Yes, I think that was what disappointed me. It was like "stick your hand in here - oh look, you've got a daughter"! And... didn't the soldiers say everyone had to be processed, but then only process the Doctor? I didn't notice Martha or Donna sticking their hands in the machine.

However, it was interesting to find out that he has had a daughter previously, and it sounds like she was killed - that man is carrying some serious baggage around!

Oops, I completely forgot about even hearing that! Old age must be creeping up on me. That does sound interesting.

With regards spoilers etc, I think that once a show is aired, there is no need for spoilers.

Excellent! :011:

We think Jenny's gonna marry Jack XD

And my dad thinks they should do a spin-off with her in XD

I think she will be back in the finale

I so wanted, when TD had his arm in that thing going "ow...ow!" for them to make Martha and Donna do it and they just look at him and go "it doesn't hurt! you wimp!" and then he goes "I was being dramatic."

go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/episodes/ then click on the Monster Files in the video thing on the right. then go to about 1 min 15 seconds in :011:

Why do you think Jenny's goiing to marry Jack? :D

A spin off with her would be cool.

I also think she will be back in the finale.

:smile2: That would have been great

Yeah it's great that clip isn't it

My brother thinks it was Jenny who picked up The Master's ring at the end of series 3

Internet rumour re Jenny (I'll put in spoilers in case you don't want to look!):

Apparently she will be appearing in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

Don't know how true it is!

Also: a blooper according to my paper: when Jenny says she smells flowers and the Doctor sniffs and says "Yes, bougainvillea" - apparently bougainvillea doesn't have a scent! :smile2: I can't verify this though, as I'm no expert on plants!

Also: a blooper according to my paper: when Jenny says she smells flowers and the Doctor sniffs and says "Yes, bougainvillea" - apparently bougainvillea doesn't have a scent! :smile2: I can't verify this though, as I'm no expert on plants!

LOL - my parents have several Bougainvillea in their conservatory. I can't say I've ever noticed them smelling - I'll give them a sniff when I go over next Friday. :roll:

Internet rumour re Jenny (I'll put in spoilers in case you don't want to look!):

Apparently she will be appearing in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

Don't know how true it is!

That'd be fun and I'd like to see that series back too.

I don't really know what to say about that. I think it defies description! Agatha Christie and a giant wasp?! Hmm... I can't decide whether it worked or not. Downright bizarre. :smile2: