Dr Who Series 4

Michelle

I didn't, as I wasn't into him then and the story didn't appeal to me. I became a convert when he became the Doctor, though, as I'd always loved the show so it was inevitable I'd fall for whatever actor played him.

Glory hunter :readingtwo:

I first met him in 'Blackpool' which was excellent!

That's more like it - a proper Tennant fan. ;)

He was lovely in that but hysterical in Casanova.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Series 4 hasn't been bad so far and tomorrow's episode looks quite cool (ok I didn't mean to make that into a joke but it could work when you see pics/clips of the Ood-sphere lol)

The best episode so far in my opinion so far was the 1st but that was plainly and simply because we saw Rose! :readingtwo::lol:

I really can't wait till the finale of this series it'll be amazing!!

That "every song must end" comment was a bit worrying. ;)

That was a good, enjoyable episode with lots of emotion, humour and "doing the right thing".

Liked:

The Doctor looking even more gorgeous than usual! :readingtwo:

The bit with Donna in her hood not hearing a thing.

Donna going into "Lauren the teenager" mode briefly: "Miss?! Are you saying I look single?!!" ;)

Tim McInnerny getting his just desserts (he's put on quite a bit of weight since Blackadder, hasn't he?)

The whole slavery storyline.

Some scary bits, like when Donna was locked in the container with the red-eyed Ood, or when they were both seconds away from being killed ("DoctorDonna! Friends!").

Didn't like:

Er... nothing, really! Apart from the worrying comment that every song must end.

A solid, entertaining episode. :lol:

I think the every song must end comment was about Rose coming back...cuz David Tennant's here for at least the specials next year. And they were talking about sad songs...so, yeah..that's what I thought.

And I knew he was gonna turn into an ood :DP

I think the every song must end comment was about Rose coming back...cuz David Tennant's here for at least the specials next year. And they were talking about sad songs...so, yeah..that's what I thought.

And I knew he was gonna turn into an ood :DP

Yeah maybe.

Me too :readingtwo:

Yay! I like Martha - she should never have left so soon.

Mixed feelings about this story. It seemed a little slow and stretched out to fill two episodes.

Liked:

Lots of humour, with the saluting and Donna demanding her salute!

Martha being back and warning Donna what life with the Doctor could be like.

Evil sat-navs - cool! (But aren't they already directing people into rivers?!). The woman's death near the beginning was done well and was rather nasty.

The Doctor trading grammar with Rattigan.

The evil Martha replicant! Next week should be good. :cry2:

Didn't like:

That evil Rattigan brat - he was like Artemis Fowl without the charm and conscience.

The Doctor fannying about whilst Donna's grandad slowly got gassed in his car. :) Hello? Couldn't you have broken a window or something?

The whole episode could have done with a bit more pace.

YOU'VE MET TOM BAKER??? COOL!

ahem

I've met Colin Baker and John Barrowman.

I wasn't that keen on last night...

It was good, but not one of my favourites, which it should have been with UNIT (THEY CHANGED WHAT UNIT STANDS FOR!! HOW DARE THEY!!), the Sontarans and Martha. It had some good ideas, but I don't think it should have lasted for the whole 2 episodes so they had to spread it out a bit. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, it just didn't stun me. Ooooh, that clone-thing was cool.

Oh, also, why were the UNIT soldiers so damn scared? They're supposed to be used to dealing with aliens, and there they were terrified of a dark room! :)

Oh, and the suits are the wrong colour, and they have....ahem....an unaturally large....chest area....

It's weird.

I quite enjoyed tonight's episode, and thought it was better than the first part of the story. Random thoughts:

Good to see Donna's mum showed some sense by getting an axe and smashing the car windscreen to rescue her dad, which is more than the Doctor managed. :D

"Brattigan" showed some decency in the end and sacrificed himself (though I wasn't worried that the Dr would actually die at this point in the series!)

But most importantly: near the beginning, on the TV transmission, was that really Rose saying "Doctor" that popped up onscreen for a few seconds, or did I imagine it?

I quite enjoyed tonight's episode, and thought it was better than the first part of the story. Random thoughts:

Good to see Donna's mum showed some sense by getting an axe and smashing the car windscreen to rescue her dad, which is more than the Doctor managed. :D

"Brattigan" showed some decency in the end and sacrificed himself (though I wasn't worried that the Dr would actually die at this point in the series!)

But most importantly: near the beginning, on the TV transmission, was that really Rose saying "Doctor" that popped up onscreen for a few seconds, or did I imagine it?

I really liked tonight's episode too Mia.

Bit obvious about smashing the windscreen wasn't it :smile2:

:011: Brattigan indeed. At least he sacrificed himself in the end like you said.

Nope you weren't imagining it. It really was Rose:D