The Wire

beef

I have never heard of it :blush:

What is it about? Are they repeating it on BBC3/4?

Kx

Its never been on bbc, it was shown in the uk on FX

more info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire_%28TV_series%29

I haven't seen any of these but after Beef letting me know how great it was, I have 'acquired' season 1 and will be watching it shortly.
:blush: naughty! :cry2:

let me know what you think, the wire is to me the most underrated show ever, ive never met ANYONE who has actually seen it. It is the one tv show i reccommend to everyone. Amazon currently have series 1 on sale so i made the most of that :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't seen any of these but after Beef letting me know how great it was, I have 'acquired' season 1 and will be watching it shortly.

Any update on the wire se1 Lily?

I had the DVD set for Christmas. I watched a few episodes and thought it was OK. I'm not in any rush to watch the rest of it though.
yes series 1 starts slow but to be fair there are story arks that go from series 1 to series 5 so theres a lot of ground building done early on.

i managed to convert a friend at college to the wire and he has got to series 3 already in about a week :lol:

yes series 1 starts slow but to be fair there are story arks that go from series 1 to series 5 so theres a lot of ground building done early on.

i managed to convert a friend at college to the wire and he has got to series 3 already in about a week :lol:

Ah I see, maybe I will start watching it again then. I feel a bit guilty seeing as it was a present.

Ah I see, maybe I will start watching it again then. I feel a bit guilty seeing as it was a present.
Whover got you that has taste! the wire is incredibly unknown in the UK.

• 1 month later...

It does tend to take people a few episodes to feel like they have half a clue whats going on, i think its because the wire starts in an established world, your not introduced to every character as they start their arc, my friend just finished series 5 yesterday and he is glad i badgered him to start it, he is just gutter there are no more for him to see :D

• 9 months later...

I love this show. I'm kinda sad that it's ended, but on the other hand, at least it ended while it was still brilliant.

I got my dad into Homicide: Life on the Street recently by lending him my DVDs (I know Beef likes this show, and I would highly recommend this show to any fans of the Wire - made by the same people), and he is going to borrow my Wire DVDs next.