BBC's Robin Hood

OnyxAngel

To be honest I'm quite curious what people thought/think about this programme.

I absolutely loved it!

My favourite character has to be the fantastic Will Scarlett!!!! (I have Scarlett fever and want to hug a hoodie!! :D)

I think each character is brilliant in their own way and each actor deserves loads of credit instead of just the main four.

Well except Gay of Gisborne ;) only joking.

Well except Gay of Gisborne :lol: only joking.

Oi! Don't diss Richard Armitage - he's the main reason I watch it! :lol:

Mind you, I was spoiled - I used to watch Robin of Sherwood (with the divine Michael Praed) when I was a kid!

Exactly, Kell - you can't beat Robin of Sherwood with Michael Praed (it was never quite as good when Jason Connery took over).

As for the BBC's Robin Hood - once I'd accepted that it was historically inaccurate in most ways and generally rubbish, I quite enjoyed it as un-demanding entertainment. I did cry when Marion got herself killed at the end of the last series. But the main reason I keep watching is to drool over Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisburne. Now, he is an improvement from the one in Robin of Sherwood!

Robin of Sherwood (with the divine Michael Praed)
omg my mum is OBSESSED with robin of sherwood!

Michael Praed was one of my first major TV crushes. I had a gorgeous B&W still of him in costume that I used to drool over and kiss every night before I went to bed! :lol:

The new Robin just can't match up to him for me, I'm afraid.

Incidentally, I occasionally catch an old episode of RoS on Sky and just relive the old days. It's still pretty good and Mr Praed still makes my knees go all wibbly!

Exactly, Kell - you can't beat Robin of Sherwood with Michael Praed (it was never quite as good when Jason Connery took over)... But the main reason I keep watching is to drool over Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisburne. Now, he is an improvement from the one in Robin of Sherwood!

Agreed on both points, Mia. Jason Connery was nice enough, but no Praed. And the Guy of Gisborne in RoS was pretty wimpy-looking. Should have been all dark and brooding instead...

Michael Praed was one of my first major TV crushes. I had a gorgeous B&W still of him in costume that I used to drool over and kiss every night before I went to bed! :lol:

Same here! :smile2: I had a gorgeous A4 picture of him (probably from Just 17 or some such mag) with a grey horse. As my passions at the time were horses and Michael Praed, I loved that picture! :lol:

I am very tempted to buy the DVD boxsets and see if RoS is as good as I remember.

Harry Lloyd's the best though :lol::D

Which one's Harry Lloyd? Is that Will Scarlett? In RoS, Ray Winstone played Will Scarlett (as rather a psychopath, if I remember correctly).

In RoS, Ray Winstone played Will Scarlett (as rather a psychopath, if I remember correctly).

I watched an episode of RoS today and ye, Ray Wnistone played Will Scarlet as a TOTAL psycho. He was up for slaughtering Guy if Gisbirne and his men when they were being held prisoner during The Blessing (a 2-day period when there should be no bloodshed or there would be no blessing from Herne on the village that believed in it). He was rather scary, actually!

I really should give the new Robin Hood another chance, if only to really see how it compares to RoS (which still stands up as a great programme even today!).

• 2 weeks later...

For Kell and anyone else who loves Robin of Sherwood:

The latest issue of SFX magazine has a big feature on RoS, with lots of lovely piccies, including a full-page one of Michael Praed! (I haven't had chance to read it yet, but I've already drooled over the pic!)

And, for OnyxAngel and DWMG - there is also a feature on the next series of Dr Who, also with lots of lovely piccies!!

Plus: a big feature on The Colour of Magic!

I thoroughly recommend going and buying this mag! :blush:

Gaaah, I love Robin Hood! Jonas Armstrong and Richard Armitage are love xD I think the series is decent, though my favourite all time Robin Hood adaptation will always be the movie version starring Kevin Costner and Alan Rickman. The costumes sometimes bother me a bit, especially Marian's, but the show makes up for it in other ways.

I'm still bummed by the season two finale :[ They better make up for it!

There seems to be a lot of Will love in here xD Have you heard about Richard the Lionheart documentary starring Harry Lloyd? Heroes and Villains: Richard the Lionheart for info! I'll definitely be recording it when it finally airs :]

• 1 month later...
Gaaah, I love Robin Hood! Jonas Armstrong and Richard Armitage are love xD I think the series is decent, though my favourite all time Robin Hood adaptation will always be the movie version starring Kevin Costner and Alan Rickman. The costumes sometimes bother me a bit, especially Marian's, but the show makes up for it in other ways.

I'm still bummed by the season two finale :[ They better make up for it!

There seems to be a lot of Will love in here xD Have you heard about Richard the Lionheart documentary starring Harry Lloyd? Heroes and Villains: Richard the Lionheart for info! I'll definitely be recording it when it finally airs :]

My mum agrees about that movie, I think it's ok but there are much better looking guys in this series ;) (Especially Harry Lloyd)

I think Will and Djaq are coming back for some eps but Marian can't obviously ;)

I think Robin will kill Guy to be honest

Yeah I heard, but I missed it :readingtwo: do you know if it'll be on again?

• 8 months later...