The Kennedy game

Oblomov

I have an unusual and rather difficult request for my fellow members.

A few books, written in the early 60s during JFK's presidency (but before his assassination) but set in a future date, describe his life afterwards, including a second term - because the writers did not know about JFK's eventual fate at the time. For example, I was reading Seven Days in May, a political thriller by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W Bailey written in 1962 but set in 1974, where there are a few allusions to the "former President Kennedy" including the suggestion of a second term. I am trying to collect as many good books as possible where this theme exists, even if JFK himself is not one of the main characters. I do not mean alternative history type stories where the writer had full knowledge of JFK's fate but decided to "change" it; I am only interested in those books actually written during his presidency but set in the future where he is either still the president or a former one.

Any information would be welcome.

The subject matter is too narrow to be called a real "hobby", but consider it an eccentric interest....I have quite a few of those. I have special interest in some subjects like Roger Bacon, The East India Company set up by the British just before the Raj in India, The Titanic, Martin Bormann, JFK (in particular his assassination), Interstellar Travel and so on.

I have always been interested in Jack Kennedy and have 2 books about him, one is called "One Brief and Shining Moment" andthe other was written by William Manchester called "Death of a President".

Titanic has always had a "pull" for me as well. When I saw the last film on her, the romantic story they invented passed me by, it was the ship that I focussed on and at the end when the credits were going up I just sat there mesmerised with a feeling of deep deep sadness. (I know I am very soppy)