Yule Feast...

Kell

Well, I'm just popping in before my guests start arriving (they'll get here around 7-ish & I'll be STARVING by then - LOL!).

The chilli is simmering away nicely in the slow-cooker & Dale was sweet enough to bake me some breadrolls this afternoon (he's so very good at that!). The mulled wine sachet is all ready to plonk into the plonk & I'll be starting that up very shortly so everyone can have as glass on arrival.

There'll be four of us this year including Dale (even though he's not Pagan, they allow him to join in a bit & he usually gets fussed over & gets given a box of chocs or something). Of course, he'll not be eating the chilli, as he doesn't like kidney beans or spicy food (& my chilli could blow the roof off the building - LOL!), so he's having a chicken pie that I made at the weekend & froze for him (the oven's just heating for that now too).

I'm off to make the finishing touches to my make-up so I can look gorgeous & then I'll have a quick whip round the living room & make sure there's nothing out of place, then I'll sit down & maybe read a bit while listening to some music (Damh the Bard should be good, I think!) till everyone gets here.

Have a cool Yule, everybody!

Right, now that they've all been packed off, I can tell you all how the evening went (didn't want them peering over my shoulder the whole time - LOL!).

You all know the main course was my chilli (served with herby baked potatoes & Dale's delicious bread rolls - yum!). The starter was stuffed peppers & dessert was rhubarb cobbler with cream - all absolutely delicious!

We all exchanged gifts & I am now the proud owner of a small wooden box which has a hand-drawn pyrography design on it (a magpie flying in front of a pentagram, which is my emblem of choice - it's just gorgeous!) & a mirror which has 2 panels (one down either side) painted in an art-deco style featuring lilies (my favourite flowers).

And Dale got a small box of hand-made mint fondant cremes & wooden keyring with a Celtic design pyro'd on it, so he's a very happy pixie right now!

I have such talented friends that I'm jealous! It was pointed out (by Dale, no less) that we'd all bought something & then worked our own designs on them for each other to make it personal (so he got brownie points for being a clever-clogs).

So, a lovely evening was had by all & Dale has volunteered to do all the dishes tomorrow so I won't have to face them (more brownie points for him!).

And now I'm shattered, so I'm going to bed with my belly full & my head slightly glowy from the mulled wine (which went down a treat up here in the Frozen North!), so I'll speak to you all in the morning.

Hope you all had a wonderful Solstice!