Bookmarks!

Michelle

I have been using the same postcard for awhile, I have bookmarks, lovely bookmarks but I want to keep them nice, so I never use them:blush:

As you can see, my postcard has seen better days :lol:

Bookmark1.jpg

Bookmark2.jpg

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was given a lovely bookmark ni a cross stitch exchange on another forum. The theme was eggs and the only stipulation was the size and shape of the egg - we could use whatever pattern we liked and make whatever we liked with the piece we'd stitched. My "partner" made me a bookmark with her stitched egg on perforated paper - she'd filled her egg shape with a ver pretty springtime design (I made a needle book out of mine - I stitched a golden blackwork egg).

Anyway, here's the bookmark she sent me:

07042010eastereggschang.th.jpg

I have quite a few oversized paperclips which have a little rubber animal head on the top.

I just clip it over the page to hold my place.

:irked: But, but... doesn't that mean the page gets all bendy? I have had one such a thing before, meant for books, was a larger one, but they left this indentation in the shape of the paperclip on the page, and I hated that.

Right now, am using the bookmarks the book shop I bought my books at gives with every book. Not very pretty, but handy since I always lose mine. Also, another I'm using is the one from the uni library, just one with the library logo and they stamped the return date on it. :D

:irked: But, but... doesn't that mean the page gets all bendy? I have had one such a thing before, meant for books, was a larger one, but they left this indentation in the shape of the paperclip on the page.

No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry2:

I use a piece of papyrus that my girlfriend's sister brought back from Egypt as a bookmark - it's really thin, so it doesn't damage my obsessively protected books at all. Phew! :D

:irked: But, but... doesn't that mean the page gets all bendy? I have had one such a thing before, meant for books, was a larger one, but they left this indentation in the shape of the paperclip on the page, and I hated that.

. :D

Univerze,I havent noticed this with my bookmarks at all tbh..They are very page friendly for me..:cry2:

Xan has fallen in love with one of my bookmarks because I once tickled his nose with the tassel on it. He now keeps handing me the bookmark so I can tickle his nose again! :tong: Just as well I'm not using it in a book at the moment, or I'd keep losing my place - LOL!

Paula sent me a lovely Edward bookmark in the post today, so that will be my new one :tong:

I am really pleased you like it hen :lol:

Xan has fallen in love with one of my bookmarks because I once tickled his nose with the tassel on it. He now keeps handing me the bookmark so I can tickle his nose again! :lol: Just as well I'm not using it in a book at the moment, or I'd keep losing my place - LOL!

Aww, that little boy of yours is just too adorable, Kell!

Right now I'm using my turquoise metal bookmark with 'Dreams are the touchstones of our character.' by Thoreau quote on it but I want to get a new one because its so heavy and slick that it falls out whenever I put my book in my purse. :tong: Later I'm going to start making one to replace it with.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a different outlook on bookmarks... I have favorites, but I dont use them.. I tend to leave the bookmark in the book I used it for.. I dont know why... I think I feel like the book mark made it through that book, there is some connection there, and that connection should stay together, so I tend to have to find, use or create new book marks for each book... and always leave them in. Though my sister bought me a nice one... and so the last few books I've been transfering it from book to book because I feel like its a gift, i should use it more than once lol. but I still feel out of place when I make that transfer :lol:

I used to have a little felt bookmark that one of the children made for me but somehow it ended up in the washing machine & came out all shriveled up so i had to throw it away :lol: So now i just use anything that's handy, at the moment i've got one that came free with a book i sent off for.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this leather kangaroo thingie that my aunt from Australia sent me. This bookmark saved lots of my books actually. I can't seem to keep my hands still while reading and scraped off the filmy layer of plastic of many paperbacks.

So I guess it's obvious the kangaroo did not survive..

Vinay, those are really beautiful! :lol:

I've been wanting to invest in pretty bookmarks myself lately but I haven't made it to the stores yet. I don't think our little bookshops have any pretty ones though, only free ones that addvertise new thrillers and such. The whole bookmark culture hasn't landed here yet, me thinks! :lol:

I bought a couple of books on the weekend. One is yellow with lovely bookish quotes on it and some lovely feathered tasselled things coming out the end. I don't know that I'll use it much because it looks a bit fragile, but it was so pretty I couldn't resist.

The other is a blue bookmark with nice quotes on it about following your dreams etc.

These days I usually have a few bookmarks in various books, simply because they give them away for free at the library and in bookstores. I don't really need them, I can easily remember the page number if I want to as long as I'm not going weeks without reading in between. I do like bookmarks however. :lol:

I do however have a bookmark that I particularly like, I got it with my fifth Harry Potter book for christmas and it has explanations on back for "Thestral", "Dobby the Houseelf", "Expecto Patronum" etc. I find it kinda cool. and besides, I think it followed me throughout the fifth, the sixth and the seventh Harry Potter book so it's kinda special. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...