Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favourite is when I borrowed a book from one of my closest make friends that he said he couldn't finish. Marking the page where he'd stopped reading was the wrapper from a sanitary towel :) I have no idea where he got it from!
Eeeee! Disturbing:lurker: particularly as the lender was a bloke, what the...?!

After all the bookmarks I've bought, my favourite is a fish shaped one that came as clothes tag from a shop?!

Not sure why really but it's the one I always look for!

I've tried to use the paperclip type ones that you attach to the top of where you were reading but I always find they tend to tear some of the top of the page?!

I clicked on the link Diane posted about book corners and got the following message:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Whoops - I bet that was all us BFCers having a look! :)

I forgot to mention that over Christmas I got this:

http://shop.mbmsystems.de/images/product_images/popup_images/320_0.gif

It's a hologram bookmark, the animation shows how the image moves when you tilt it side to side. It's also got random facts about Sputnik 1 on the back :D I saw it in a hardware shop of all places, and there were other bookmarks, rulers, postcards done in the same style.

My favourite is when I borrowed a book from one of my closest male friends that he said he couldn't finish. Marking the page where he'd stopped reading was the wrapper from a sanitary towel :D I have no idea where he got it from!

Lol! How freakishly random! :D

I have a few bookmarks, and my fave is a leather one with tassels. They're never to hand when I need them though (naturally) so I end up using whatevers handy, which is usually torn strips of paper or tissue or something lol. I'll never fold corners down though, even if its a beaten up old book I found in a charity shop.

I normally don't use them, but recently was in need of one when I kept losing my place in a psychobabble book I was reading. So, with some construction paper, glue, and markers, I made a little bookmark for it. :lol:

I love the new type of magnetic book marks that are all the rage at waterstones! I now no longer lose my place when the book is dropped.

runner

This is why I use Post-it flags. I can stick them to the page where I leave off and if I drop my book they don't come off the page.

I ordered a book of bookmarks from Amazon which arrived yesterday. When I got back from work my OH told me he had opened my package because he thought the book had fallen out :D because it was so small!!!In fairness the bookmarks could have fitted in to the average envalope!:D

• 1 month later...

My favourite is when I borrowed a book from one of my closest male friends that he said he couldn't finish. Marking the page where he'd stopped reading was the wrapper from a sanitary towel :lurker: I have no idea where he got it from!

I think I can beat that. My mother got a book from a second hand shop that had a USED ear cleaning cotton bud as the bookmark!

I have plenty of proper bookmarks but also use the nearest item-clean tissues, shopping docket, etc.

I use all kinds of things - peaces of paper, pencils, tickets, those sort of promotional bookmarks you find in bookshops (promoting new books), one I made out of a specific kind of paper I don't know how to name in english (:lol:), and a plastic one in the shape of a dog, which you can sort of ''clip on'' to the page. And I use the post it coloured ones only for uni books. Don't know why I don't like to use them for other books. Strange.