Bookmarks!

Michelle

I forgot to mention that I've received a few free bookmarks lately from the Book Depository.

They have a series of 18 bookmarks created by authors and illustrators. The pictures can be found here.

I thought of Giulia and other Jasper Fforde fans here when I received one of his (he's made 4; I can't remember which one I have though). I also have numbers 13 and 16. I like number 5 as well. :D

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty good about having a bookmark that travels from book to book but since I sometime read multiple books at a time a library receipt will suffice. The current bookmark I am using was a surprise left in a library book by a previous reader, it's from the Manuscript and Rare Book Museum:mrgreen:. Also have curious george, smokey the bear, and a few random ones from the library. I would however, like to invest in a really nice one that will stay put. With a toddler and cats on hand they tend to get yanked out of the book!

After six hours of drawer 'spring' cleaning, I've unearthed the following traditional and untraditional bookmarking means:

- A wooden Harry Potter bookmark, with Hedwig on top, followed by a red 'G', the Gryffindor colours, and a stack of magical tomes

- A bookmark with koalas a childhood friend got me about ten years ago when she went to Australia

- Four laminated fake

After six hours of drawer 'spring' cleaning, I've unearthed the following traditional and untraditional bookmarking means:

- A wooden Harry Potter bookmark, with Hedwig on top, followed by a red 'G', the Gryffindor colours, and a stack of magical tomes

The Harry Potter one sound lovely :blush: You have a some great ones ;)

My favourite bookmark was a really cheap one with a Zebra on the top. I like it because the page slots into it and it doesn't fall out which is handy when it gets thrown around in my bag :giggle:

I like the sound of the Harry Potter bookmark ;)!

I got a new bookmark today as my current one has been through alot now...its only been a few months as well :blush:...my new one has a rabbit on a tree stump with his arms wide with the words "Guess how much I love to read?" written across the top. :giggle:

I received a New Moon Edward bookmark in the mail yesterday as a gift from Weave and it's so pretty!! Mucho thankies to you again, Weave, I love it! :blush::giggle:

You are very welcome ;) my bookmark for awhile has been postcard of 'The Graveyard Book' by Neil Gaiman.

My bookmark is one I bought in Lanzarote. It's a picture of a sun setting over the sea.

Before that I used scraps of paper, tissues (unused) or whatever else was handy. I hate folding over the pages, and it really gets to me when people fold the book when they are reading it, not sure how to describe it but they bend the cover and pages they've already read backwards and so creates dreadful lines on the spine. Ahh nightmares.

I recently found a piece of ribbon that a sweet old nun gave me years ago when I went to the monestary in my home town to play Dominos with a few of the elderly nuns. It brings back some good memories of that day (If you ever want to hear a nun curse, play Dominos with one!)

It's a bit ironic that the particular piece of ribbon is currently in my copy of The Inferno...

It seems like whenever I have a nice bookmark, I lose them. I need multiple ones anyway, I always read more than one book at once, and sometimes I put a book away for a while only to pick it up later. So I usually use either a scrap of paper, or a postcard or card from a store etc. I never dog-ear books, can't believe there's people who do that. :friends0:

Well 'santa' sent me a lovely one with a mouse eating cheese and a caption 'I'll finish this one later'...but I think (hope) I dropped it over the side of the bed when I was reading yesterday...this is why I don't buy bookmarks!