Short story compilation about women who kill

Hello, very pleased to stumble on this site. Not sure if anyone can help, but as a youngster (during the 80's-mid 90's) I remember my dad having an audiobook which involved female killers. One story in particular stuck in my mind involved a man calling upon a lady friend the same day every week for an evening meal and then leaves. As the story progresses, we find out the man is also seeing another woman who (I think) he goes to see after the evening meal to spend the night and then have breakfast as well. The women then hatch a plot to kill the man, but the woman who cooks him the evening meal kills the other woman instead. If anyone could help point me in the direction of either the story or compilation, I would be very grateful.

Hi Leanardor, welcome to the forum! I actually don’t know which book this might have been but your post reminded me of this book I saw in Waterstones just before Christmas. Would similar books interest you!?

8E1A7627-1A28-4A9B-932F-97B01E28A9FC.jpeg

(I took a picture because I was asking my boyfriend if he thought it would be a good present for one of our friends - it has such a gorgeous cover! 😄)

That's very kind of you, thank you. I keep my eyes open for similar types of books to see if anything in them could be the same story. By all means, add any suggestions if you feel inclined enough to do so - any help is always welcomed, but please don't go out of your way to do so.

• Like 1