Does Anybody Keep An Actual TBR List?

I assume that everybody has a TBR but does anybody actually put book TBR titles in a list? 

Last night I was using my library app to make sure that all my books were either owned or not - I thought that I'd already done this but the numbers didn't add up - and I read a review of the app where the reviewer actually kept virtual, in the app, books on a TBR.

I have a TBR but I don't actually list books anywhere because I can see which physical and which e-books I have and I choose one when I finish the current read according to how I feel at the time, or in accordance with the group read I'm in at the time.

It never occurred to me that people actually write, albeit virtually, the list. Do you?

Edited by lunababymoonchild

I use my Amazon wish list as a sort-of TBR list for books I don't own even though I don't buy from them very often. It's a useful aide-memoire. Everything that I might be interested in is listed there and every so often I go through and have a cull of books that I've decided against etc. Otherwise it's the TBR bookcase in my bedroom and what I've got in the "unread" section of my Kobo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, France said:

I use my Amazon wish list as a sort-of TBR list for books I don't own even though I don't buy from them very often. It's a useful aide-memoire. Everything that I might be interested in is listed there and every so often I go through and have a cull of books that I've decided against etc. Otherwise it's the TBR bookcase in my bedroom and what I've got in the "unread" section of my Kobo.

Now there's a thought. A TBR of books that you don't own. Would that be a separate list, if you kept a written list, or is it the same TBR?

I went through my Amazon account where you can 'save for later' books that I thought that I might want to read. Some I deleted, some were no longer available and one or two I bought on Kindle. 

I don’t but I’ve used Goodreads to keep track of books that I own in a long series. I think I started doing it with the Dresden Files - I’d bought a couple of books from much later in the series (because they were really cheap in a second hand bookshop and I assumed, at about book 2, that I’d want to read them eventually), but I realised there was a good chance I would forget which ones I’d bought. I marked the ones I owned as ‘want to read’ (taking any I didn’t have off that list, since it wasn’t like I’d forget about them) so that way I could easily tell which I had on my shelf already :). I realise that you can make categories on Goodreads, but my way was quicker! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I keep a (long, way way too long) TBR list in Goodreads (been trying for a while to find something better but haven’t managed it yet). And I also have shelfs on there for books I physically own and those I have digitally. I also use Amazon’s lists feature to keep track of everything on my TBR that’s available at my library, and another list for what’s not. So if I’m in the bookstore I can see what books I might want to buy because they aren’t available at the library. I’m sure this is overkill lol.

37 minutes ago, Vilandra said:

I keep a (long, way way too long) TBR list in Goodreads (been trying for a while to find something better but haven’t managed it yet)

Both parts of this are very relatable! 

I never thought of using the Amazon lists feature that way!