Megan's Been ReAdInG!!!

megan

Finished Jan 15

The Girlfriends Club by Judity Henry Wall.

The Girlfriends Club is a moving story of four women who have been best friends since childhood. Through the years and through many spirital crises - including the recent divorces that three of them have endured - they have given one another emotional support. But when they are forced to share a secret that threatens to disrupt their lives, each of them begins to wonder if this bond of friendship that has held for almost four decades will be strong enough to withstand the strain.

MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK This book had its good points and its bad. The story line was decent but dragged a lot. The four main characters who are all best friends were very realistic, sort of type of people I could relate to. I think that the book didn't focus enough on one of the main points in the story line but it was revisited at the end and "peace" was made. There were funny times, one that I remember for sure that I laughed out loud, and some tears rolled down my cheeks in a few other points. I would say go ahead and read it if you are lacking for something to do but don't hold your breath looking for this book. On a side note: This book is based in the subburbs to Kansas City, KS which is very close to where I live, I think that is one thing that kept me reading this book because I loved reading the reference of the Plaza and the Market Square, the places that I know and love. Thats my two cents :lol::)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Wasn't able to get through Sense and Sensibility, just not my cup of tea

Oh, sorry you didn't enjoy it, Megan! The ending is very sweet. I need to read it again - or skim through to my favorite scenes - so I can see how to follow Ellinor's example. (Oh, dash it, that is the name of the older sister, right?) Perhaps someday the story can be recaptured in modern movie form as Pride and Prejudice was.