Invincible by Robert Kirkman

Hey Everyone,
I'm just wondering if anyone else has read Invincible. I got into it a while ago and blitzed the entire series in less than a week.

*Potential Spoilers after this Point*

I really enjoyed it, especially the intergenerational aspect of the storytelling. I tend to like stories that follow a family's development over time and am wondering if anyone might know of other stories that have this same aspect/feel to them. 

16 hours ago, bloody-well-write said:

*Potential Spoilers after this Point*

You can use the eye icon to put things in spoiler quotes if you want to. That way others can join in with the conversation without worrying out seeing spoilers if they haven't read the book yet :).

16 hours ago, bloody-well-write said:

I tend to like stories that follow a family's development over time and am wondering if anyone might know of other stories that have this same aspect/feel to them. 

I can think of a few that are about the development of an individual over time, but I can't think of any that follow a whole family!  

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

You can use the eye icon to put things in spoiler quotes if you want to. That way others can join in with the conversation without worrying out seeing spoilers if they haven't read the book yet :).

Oooo super useful, thank you! That's a nifty feature. I will be sure to use it in the future.

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

I can think of a few that are about the development of an individual over time, but I can't think of any that follow a whole family!  

This is actually one thing I really enjoy about the work of Octavia Butler. There's something cool about a time skip that is so big it takes us a generation down the line, or to the point where youth have no become the adults and adults are the elders and etc. Steinbeck did it in East of Eden, too. Great novel. 

• 3 weeks later...