I think I have run out of authors...nightmare!!!

bagel queen

I am really stuck for what to read at the moment. I just CAN NOT get into Jodi Picoult, I read her 1st one ok but have read 200 pages of this one and just cant gel so have reluctantly given it up (not like me at all!) I read so fast too and can read a book very quickly and take it all in. I dont do girlie books or mills and boon type...more into mystery, crime, surreal, I just need a couple of good authors to get me going again, dont like feeling like this. The only time I have not read in the past is when I have had distractions and stress, cant concentrate. But now I am content in life, no stress, work is fab...whats wrong with me!:lol: Need an author that I can get into a relationship with (reading wise lol) any advice would be fab...thank you...bagel....xxxxx :D;)

We all have our moments when we lose our reading 'mojo' and can't get into anything. I feel for you, having just gotten out of a funk myself. I hope it passes soon! :lol:

As for suggestions, have you ever read any crime fiction by Raymond Chandler, the creator of Philip Marlowe (The Big Sleep, etc)? They're supposed to be excellent reads.

For something a little bit different, you could try Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. It's an absolutely brilliant book - one of my all-time favourites.

Or maybe you could read some Sherlock Holmes. They're pretty short mysteries and maybe you need something short and snappy to get you back into your reading.

Guest fireball
I am really stuck for what to read at the moment. I just CAN NOT get into Jodi Picoult, I read her 1st one ok but have read 200 pages of this one and just cant gel so have reluctantly given it up (not like me at all!) I read so fast too and can read a book very quickly and take it all in. I dont do girlie books or mills and boon type...more into mystery, crime, surreal, I just need a couple of good authors to get me going again, dont like feeling like this. The only time I have not read in the past is when I have had distractions and stress, cant concentrate. But now I am content in life, no stress, work is fab...whats wrong with me!:lol: Need an author that I can get into a relationship with (reading wise lol) any advice would be fab...thank you...bagel....xxxxx :P:D

Bu**er that.! Poor you I some time ago had loss of of reading mojo, a fate worse then death, lousy, really.

So, read pap it can be ANY kind of, even the gawdawful Mills and wotist,! reason? it's guaranteed to get your mojo kickin, after it has to take utter crapolo IT will not like it! and WANT you to read proper books...and you will.:censored:

And while your mojo's asleep at the wheel, give this this place a goosezer http://www.robertmccammon.com/ or something more nearer to home with.... http://www.michaeljecks.co.uk/ or this place http://www.stephen-booth.com/

Your reading mojo will be up and leapin' afore you know it. ;)

As Fireball just said, you may have temporarily mislaid your mojo, but there's just no way you've run out of authors to try! Take a look at some of the reading logs in THIS section. I'm willing to bet that within two minutes flat, you've come across a book by an author you've never before tried. Hopefully one of them will tickle your tastebuds and get your mojo risin' once more!

Don't worry about your mojo drop-off - there are quite a few of us here that have suffered slightly of late, but we're all clawing our way back to normality (I should know - i'm one of them!). Your mojo does get restored eventually - you just have to find the right book to get you kick-started again.

I'll second Richard Montanari, since you like crime novels. He got me interested in the genre again, since I'd gone off it for years. How about some true crime books? Helter Skelter is an excellent read, as are books by John Douglas (he created the FBIs criminal profiling tool).