The Hidden Books Game 2022

It’s that time of the year again! The National Book Tokens site has just posted the hidden books game for this year - the prize is a £500 book token (how amazing would that shopping trip be…) but I just find them fun too. I have only managed to get three on my first try though…

https://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/hiddenbooks/default.aspx?competition=19#

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

Which two do you have left?

I’m now only needing the one – the bird in the cage – the other one that I had been stuck on, I now have. It turns out it was one I did know, and I had tried it before, but I must have just been typing the title in wrong somehow.

50 minutes ago, Kudz said:

I’m now only needing the one – the bird in the cage – the other one that I had been stuck on, I now have. It turns out it was one I did know, and I had tried it before, but I must have just been typing the title in wrong somehow.

That was the first one I got. I don't mind sharing, if you want (you'll kick yourself)

I'm at 19/20 but can't find the last one!!

I've got the confidential room, the woman with music notes, the man in bright clothes, the bird in a cage, the heart at the door, the snowman, the lady on a ladder, the two life books, Eve on the stairs, the cat, the card game, the Arrakis poster, the US fin book, the travel books, the river books, READ ME, the apple, the counter, and the dog.

What am I missing?!

21 hours ago, Kudz said:

The name on the collar is significant and the images on the books on the counter combine for part of the title along with what the dog is doing.

Got it! Thank you! 😁

5 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I am up to 8 but I'm sure that's all I'm going to get 😪

Which ones are you missing? 

I am also stuck on the woman on the ladder! (Although it seems frustratingly familiar!?)

I can’t work out Eve carrying the books either 🤔

1 hour ago, lunababymoonchild said:

what is the heart beneath the door?

You have to think of what the heart is acting as.

20 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

The woman at the top of the ladder with the book flying away...

There are several clues I could give you for this one, but I’ll give you the two easiest ones; it is a classic and there is a song with the same title as the book.

18 hours ago, Hayley said:

I can’t work out Eve carrying the books either 

Think about who Eve was.

1 hour ago, Kudz said:

There are several clues I could give you for this one, but I’ll give you the two easiest ones; it is a classic and there is a song with the same title as the book.

Oh, I get it now! I was thinking along completely the wrong lines - I was thinking of the relevance of the book too much!

1 hour ago, Kudz said:

Think about who Eve was.

I was really overcomplicating this one too... I was putting things in about the colour and pattern of her dress :doh:

Thank you!

I thought that it was All About Eve. But no.

Who was Eve in relation to the bible?

Still not got this, though

Okay, so think about the actual picture clues then; we are looking for a two-word title of a classic book and there happens to be song with the same title, the singer of which looks fairly like the woman on the ladder. The first word is related to the weather or more specifically the wind and the woman up the ladder could be conquering her fear of ….?

2 hours ago, Kudz said:

Okay, so think about the actual picture clues then; we are looking for a two-word title of a classic book and there happens to be song with the same title, the singer of which looks fairly like the woman on the ladder. The first word is related to the weather or more specifically the wind and the woman up the ladder could be conquering her fear of ….?

Got this.

and got the Eve reference.