Kindle e-books

I just wanted to know from someone who is more experienced than me : how can you tell that the e-book the you have bought is the unabridged full work?

I have read reviews on Amazon that some e-books are not the full text and having bought several Complete Works of ...... wondered how I could tell that I have the full/unabridged copy of works contained therein.

It's a tricky one as you are kind of reliant on the description stating if it is unabridged or not. Most unabridged versions will say so but the same cannot be said of abridged versions of books. Sometimes it's in the description, sometimes not. The 'product details' section on a book's page usually states the 'print length' in pages which may give you a better indication if you compare it to the details of a print book you know to be unabridged. ISBN used to be the best well to tell but I never trust Amazon to have the correct ISBN for a book as they rely heavily on their own ASIN which is annoying.

• Like 1