detective books and characters drug addicts

I read the book Lontano (2015) by Jean-Christophe Grangé and I liked the mix of detective and the fact that the main character is an addict. For me, this is my favorite genre of books. (Detective and biography).I would like to find something similar.
Specifically, a detective book where the main character is an addict.

14 hours ago, logoryuvdrjvd0 said:

I read the book Lontano (2015) by Jean-Christophe Grangé and I liked the mix of detective and the fact that the main character is an addict. For me, this is my favorite genre of books. (Detective and biography).I would like to find something similar.
Specifically, a detective book where the main character is an addict.

In the Harry Hole series of books by Jo Nesbo Harry is an alcoholic.

30 minutes ago, logoryuvdrjvd0 said:

I read Sherlock Holmes there are no scenes of drug use.:)

Oh there definitely are! Look at the beginning of The Sign of Four. Watson asks him which he has taken today,  morphine or cocaine. Sherlock explains a couple of times that he feels he has to keep his brain stimulated with something when he isn't solving a case. 

14 hours ago, Hayley said:

Oh there definitely are! Look at the beginning of The Sign of Four. Watson asks him which he has taken today,  morphine or cocaine. Sherlock explains a couple of times that he feels he has to keep his brain stimulated with something when he isn't solving a case. 

Yes, I remembered