Using Bookshelves

Hayley

18 hours ago, Raven said:

That didn't take long:

image.png

Thank you! 

I’ll send a list of the errors in as much detail as possible to the developer at the end of the week - if they’re connected I’m sure he’ll know and hopefully he’ll be able to fix them :). So please do keep posting about any issues/ errors that occur! 

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

I’ll send a list of the errors in as much detail as possible to the developer at the end of the week - if they’re connected I’m sure he’ll know and hopefully he’ll be able to fix them :). So please do keep posting about any issues/ errors that occur! 

I'm not sure, as the error message is not clear, but this error seems to be related to problems loading the book covers, because of when it has happened (I don't know if that is downloading the image from Google or uploading to our site).

Also, I know that Google Books can populate e-book information, using ASIN, because I used it to input my recently bought e-books to my Book Crawler app (a library app that helps me keep track of my books). 

Edited by lunababymoonchild
wanted rearrange clumsy phrasing but couldn't think of anything less clumsy so it'll have to stay

On 8/17/2022 at 10:05 AM, lunababymoonchild said:

Why can't I add a book straight to my personal bookshelf?

You can when the information is there - it’s one of the things that will become easier once we’ve all added more books! 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

I know that this is a small thing but thought I'd mention it anyway. When inputting an e-book I click in the Title box but by the time I start typing it has changed to the Description box. Am I the only one?

That's a weird one. Is that after you've entered the ISBN? 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

I know that this is a small thing but thought I'd mention it anyway. When inputting an e-book I click in the Title box but by the time I start typing it has changed to the Description box. Am I the only one?

Isn't that just the autofill? 

I find it quite convenient (when it works).

19 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

No, it doesn't autofill anything else. I've been putting in e-books and had to fill the from in myself. It takes me to the Title and then jumps me out of it.

I think it might be because it's trying to load but, as you said before, it doesn't seem to be very good at grabbing ebook information. If you don't enter the ISBN it shouldn't try to load anything, so maybe experiment with adding that last? See what happens.