My Favorite u-tube Clip

muggle not

I view this u-tube clip every 4th July to remind me of what it was at one time to be Patriotic (that and it includes some of my favorite performers from days long ago. At one time Mickey Rooney was the most recognizable person in the world.  Click on "view u-tube" and turn sound on and view full screen.

https://youtu.be/EKeYS1P9j1c

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

Such a fun performance and great costumes :). Happy 4th July!

I hope you watched it through to the end as that is where Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland enter the performance. And a great performance it is.

3 minutes ago, muggle not said:

I hope you watched it through to the end as that is where Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland enter the performance. And a great performance it is.

I did! I saw Judy Garland in the video title and was looking for her amongst the women in the first scene, but of course she wasn’t there. I’ve only actually seen her as Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, so it’s weird and interesting to see her in such a different role! 

A little history for those of you that weren't yet born during the Micey Rooney & Judy Garland era.

Mickey Rooney - Wikipedia

At the peak of his career between ages 15 and 25, he made 43 films, and was one of MGM's most consistently successful actors. A versatile performer, he became a celebrated character actor later in his career. Laurence Olivier once said he considered Rooney "the best there has ever been".[3] Clarence Brown, who directed him in two of his earliest dramatic roles in National Velvet and The Human Comedy, said Rooney was "the closest thing to a genius" with whom he had ever worked.[4] He won a Golden Globe Award in 1982 and an Emmy Award in the same year for the title role in a television movie Bill and was awarded Academy Honorary Award in 1982.

Mickey Rooney appeared in over 300 films.

Judy Garland movies:

Judy Garland movies: 20 greatest films ranked from worst to best - GoldDerby

Mickey and Judy were close friends and worked together in 10 of the “Andy Hardy” movies.