At 91 pages this is a very short story. The book is a hardback and sewn together, it has expensive feeling paper and contains full colour artwork by Max Neumann, and QR codes that link to the percussive music of Szilveszter Miklós scored for each chapter.

László Krasznahorkai is becoming one of my favourite authors not least because he's not afraid to release material like this. That said, I don't think that the art relates to the story in any way and I'm absolutely certain that the music doesn't (and I like drumming). I found it distracting to have to put my book down to listen to the music but I'm sure that someone else would arrange that better.

The prose, however, is amazing and the story engaging. The story is set somewhere in Europe (I'd guess the Eastern Bloc) and is about someone who is on the run. The reader does not know from what or from whom just that the narrator is escaping what the narrator calls certain death and he (I'm going to assume the narrator is a man, but it's not clear) is concerned only with the here and now, who it is that hunts him and where they are. It does make some very philosophical points, too.  Absolutely gripping.

This is what's known as a chase narrative.

Highly recommended.