Which book should I read

Heather

Which book will be my first for 2008  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which book will be my first for 2008

• Not Dead Enough by Peter James
    • The Innocwent Man by John Grisham

Hello

I would love my fellow BFC friend help me choose my next book I have a choice of two and here is the blurb about them. This will be my first book for 2008.

Not Dead Enough by Peter James

Blurb

On the night Brian Bishop murdered his wife he was sixty miles away, asleep in bed at the time. At least thats the way it looks tp Detectivr Superintendent Roy Grace, who is called to investigate the kinky slaying of beautiful young Brighton socalite, Katie Bishop.

Grace soon starts coming to the conclusion that Bishop has performed the apparently impossible feat of being in two places at once. Has someone stolen his identity or is he a very clever liar? As Grace digs deeper behind the facade of the Bishops outwardly respectable lives, it becomes clear that everything is not at all as it first seemed. Then he digs just a little too far, and suddenly the fragile stability of his own troubled, private world is facing descrution......

The Innocent Man By John Grisham

Blurb

Ron Williamson was a star college baseball player in the small town of Ada, Oklahoma. When he left to peruse his dreams he semed destined for glory. But years of injury, drinking, drugs and women took their toll.

He returned to Ada a lonely drifter. In 1982, a 21 year old cocktail waitress was raped and murdered. After five years of fruitless investigation the police arrested Williamson for the want of any other suspect. The case ahainst him eas built on bogus evidence and the testimony of the jailhouse snitches and convicts. He was found guilty at trail and sent to Death Row.

Rhis is the true story og the criminal justice system gone terribly wrong. of vengeful prosecutoers and incompetent defence lawyers. Of a mans journey to hell. A journey from which he nearly didn't return.

I would go for The Innocent Man. I have read a lot of John Grisham books and the synopsis makes it sound like a story worth reading. Not quite the usual Grisham pattern, but that is why it would be my choice. Another of his books "The Painted House" was also away from his usual genre and was a really great story.

I havent read any Peter James books, but the blurb makes it sound just like another murder mystery.

I would like to thank everyone who took part in my poll.

The winning book is:-

Not Dead Enough by Peter James

This is an author who I have not hears of before so this is the first book of his that I am going to read.

The Big read starts tomorrow!!!