Louise's Books 2008

Louiseog

The House of Sleep - Jonathan Coe Funny, quirky, mad story about a group of people linked by sleep, or lack of it, very clever and wry.

Wow - I'm seriously impressed with how much you read! :)

Just out of interest, why no mark out of 10 for this one?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin Cotterill - Disco for the Departed, great great I love this series about a coroner in Laos, very Precious McKenzie.

Blind Faith - Ben Elton another fantastic book, dystopian world very clever and eerie

Toby Alone - Timothy de Frombelle another great book, created a world that worked. It's number one in the series can't wait for the next.

Now Marian Keyes - This Charming Man

Murder at Deviation Junction by Andrew Martin

Crime about trains, OK.

Agatha Raisin and the Curious Curate, good fun again!

Robert Rankin - The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse

THE HOLLOW CHOCOLATE BUNNIES OF THE APOCALYPSE is set in Toy City, once Toy Town, but now older, bigger and certainly not wiser. The Old Rich, who have made their millions from the royalties on their world-famous nursery rhymes, are being slaughtered. One by One. Horribly. A psychopath is on the loose. He must be stopped at all costs. It's a job for Toy City's only detective - but he's missing, leaving Eddie Bear to track down the mad killer, with the aid only of his bestest friend, Jack, and a wide cast of truly unforgettable characters. This is a wonderfully funny book from the irreverent, hilarious writer of WEB SITE STORY, THE SPROUTS OF WRATH and The Brentford Trilogy.

Ace, an author to rival Jasper Fforde for me funny and clever

Edited by Louiseog