2. My Booky Wook - Russll Brand - 9

3. Mistral's Kiss - Laurell K. Hamilton - 6

4. A lick of Frost - Laurell K Hamilton - 8

5. Stuart a life backwards - Alexander Masters - 10

6. Artemis Fowl - Eoin Colfer - 9

7. Touching from a Distance: Ian Curtis and Joy Division - Deborah Curtis - 9.5

8. Unlock Your Dogs Potential - Sarah Fisher - 7

9. Artemis Fowl - The Arctic Incident - Eoin Colfer - 8

10. The Old Curiosity Shop - Charles Dickens (See Classic Challenge)

11. Rhett Butlers People - Donald McCaig - 7

12. I am Legend - Richard Matheson - 10

13. Then we came to the end - Joshua Ferris

14. Mister Pip - Lloyd Jones - 10

15. The Observations - Jane Harris - 8

16. Seeing Redd - Frank Beddor - 10

17. The Gunslinger - Stephen King - 9

18. The Book Club Bible - 7

February

19. For a few Demons More - Kim Harrison - 8

20. Coraline - Neil Gaiman - 8

21. The Complete Maus - Art Speigelman - 8

22. The Dark Tower: Th Gunslinger Born - Stephen King - 10

23. Wuthering Heights - Siku & Adam Strickson - 9

24. Alice in Sundrland - Bryan Talbot - 6

25. Beowulf - Neil Gaiman - 7

26. Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman - 10

27. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox - 8

28. The book Thief - Markus Zusak - 9

29. Broken - Kelley Armstrong - 7

30. The Thirteenth Tale - Diane setterton - 7

31. Slash by Slash - 10

March

32. Saving the world and other extreme sports - James Patterson - 8

33. Schools out forever - James Patterson - 8

34. Divas don't knit - Gil McNeil - 9

35. To kill a mocking bird - Harper Lee - 10

37. No Human Involved - Kelley Armstrong - 8

38. Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris - 8

April

39. The Knitting Circle - Ann Hood - 8

40. Dead until dark - Charlaine Harris - 7

41. Not tonight darling i'm knitting - 10

May

42. Sleeping with the fishes - Mary Janice Davidson - 8

43. The House of Lost Souls - FG Cottam - 7

June

44. Knitting in Plain English - Maggie Righetti - 9

45. Where Demons Dare - Kim Harrison - 8

46. Practically Perfect - Katie Fforde - 7

47. the Seance - John Harwood - 5

48. This charming Man - Marian Keyes - 10

49. The resurrectionist - James Bradley - 5

50. Swimming without a net - Maryjanice Davidson - 6

Edited by kitty_kitty

July

51. The QI book of animal ignorance - Stephen Fry at al. - 10

52. Personal Demon - Kelley Armstrong - 9

53. Blood Noir - Laurell K. Hamilton - 4

54. Undead and Unwed - Mary Janice Davidson - 9

55. Tan Lines - JJ Salem - 9

56. Undead and unwed - Maryjanice Davidson - 8

57.Undead and unemployed - Maryjanice Davidson 8

58. Ill Wind - Rachel Caine - 7

59. Warriors Daughter - Barbara Erskine - 6

August

60. Dhampir - Barb and JC Hendee - 9

61. Ghost World - Danial Clowes - 4

September

62. Twilight - Stephanie Meyer - 10

63. Dark Lover - JR Ward - 9

64. Needles and Pearls - Gil McNeil - 7

65. Undead and Unappreciated - Maryjanice Davidson - 8

66. Undead and unpopular - Maryjanice Davidson 8

67. Undead and Uneasy - Maryjanice Davidson 7

68. Living dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris - 8

69. Club dead - Charlaine Harris 8

October

70. Savages - Shirley Conran - 7

71 Vanishing Acts - Jodi Picoult 6

72. Dead to the world - Charlaine Harris - 8

73. Dead as a doornail - Charlaine Harris - 7

74. New Moon - Stephanie Meyer - 8

75. Harry Potter and the philosophers Stone read by Stephen Fry - 10

76. Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets read by Stephen Fry - 10

77. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban read by Stephen Fry - 10

78.My Epileptic lurcher - Des Dillon - 7

79. Anita Blake - Vampire hunter - Laurell k hamilton - 9

80. Tithe - Holly Black - 7

81. Definately Dead - Charlaine Harris - 8

November

82. All together Dead -Charlaine Harris 8

83. From dead to worse - Charlaine Harris 8

84. Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr - 8

85. Lover Eternal - J R Ward - 9

86. Lover Awakened - J R Ward - 9

87. Lover Revealed - J R Ward - 9

88. Lover Unbound - J R Ward - 9

89. Lover Enshrined-J R Ward - 9

December

90. At my mother knee and other low joints - Paul O'Grady - 9

91. Swallowing Darkness - Laurell K Hamilton - 7

92. Can i has cheezburger - lol cats - 10

93. Do bats have ******** - 10

94. Harry Potter and the half Blood Prince - 10

95. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 10

96. Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer - 9

97. Eclipse - Stephanie Meyer - 9

98. Along Came Dylon - Stephen Foster - 9

Edited by kitty_kitty

The Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddor

Synopsis

Alyss, born in Wonderland, is destined to be a warrior queen. After a blood y coup topples the Heart regime, Alyss is exiled to another world entirely, where she is adopted into a new family, renamed Alice and befriended by Lewis Carroll. At age 20 she returns to Wonderland to battle Redd and lead Wonderland into its next golden age of imagination.

I loved this book and would have read it in one sitting if it wasn't New Years Eve. I am not a huge fan of Lewis Carroll and i read the book when i was younger but it does not matter whether you know the book well or not. Although if you gt stuck or want to know more about Lewis Carroll book then look on Wikipedia like i did. I liked all the characters and anybody who likes fantasy should enjoy this book although big Lewis Carroll fans might not.

I enjoyed it that much i have ordered the sequel from the library called Seeing Redd and i believe this book is one of a trilogy

My Booky Wook - Russell Brand

Synopsis

'My life is a series of embarrassing incidents strung together by telling people about those embarrassing incidents.'Russell Brand's scandalous reminiscences were always going to have a literary flavour. But nothing you've heard him say on stage, radio or TV can prepare you for the impact of this beautifully written memoir. From his troubled childhood in Essex and his addictions to drink, drugs and sex, to his giddy rise through the world of entertainment, this is not simply a story of fame but of redemption, achingly and hilariously honest throughout.

I really enjoyed this book but i do like his use of language when he talks and i liked the way he wrote too. This book is not recommended for any body prudish or younger readers due to the content including drug use, prostitutes etc

I liked Russell Brand and thought this account of life was brutally honest and he did come across as a warm person full of charm who obviously loves his family. If you do not like Russell Brand i do not think this book will change your mind.

I could not put this book down and found myslf giggling all the way through this book and i found delusions of granduer that he admits too very funny and the persona you see is the real him

Mistral's Kiss Laurell K Hamilton

Synopsis

The time has come for Meredith Gentry to put aside her detective work and fulfill her ultimate obligation to the world of Faerie - where her efforts to conceive an heir to the throne of the Unseelie Court are crucial to restoring magic, and life itself, to the Fey kingdom. And though her quest to produce an heir may be full of sensual pleasures, it is also fraught with peril: the shadows of intrigue stalk the royal court, and sabotage lurks at any turn. Merry's cousin schemes and plots, determined to see her fall. But, in the once-dead gardens of the world of faerie, something has re-awakened an all-powerful, malign magic. And Merry's own powers have turned wildly - dangerously - unpredictable. As plots and counterplots are hatched and strategies and subterfuges played out, the destiny of an entire world turns upon the fortunes of Merry Gentry: object of obsession, target of treachery and pawn of uncertain fate.

This is book sadly is like her most recent book too much wierd sex and no plot. I read the book in 2 sittings as i was hoping for mor plot or stories but this book is mainly all sex and the rest of the plot or the fighting is jammed into the last few pages.

Fingers crossed she will rediscover the plot or has she lost the plot forever?

The Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddor

Synopsis

Alyss, born in Wonderland, is destined to be a warrior queen. After a blood y coup topples the Heart regime, Alyss is exiled to another world entirely, where she is adopted into a new family, renamed Alice and befriended by Lewis Carroll. At age 20 she returns to Wonderland to battle Redd and lead Wonderland into its next golden age of imagination.

I loved this book and would have read it in one sitting if it wasn't New Years Eve. I am not a huge fan of Lewis Carroll and i read the book when i was younger but it does not matter whether you know the book well or not. Although if you gt stuck or want to know more about Lewis Carroll book then look on Wikipedia like i did. I liked all the characters and anybody who likes fantasy should enjoy this book although big Lewis Carroll fans might not.

I enjoyed it that much i have ordered the sequel from the library called Seeing Redd and i believe this book is one of a trilogy

Ooh ooh sounds great!

A lick of Frost - Laurell K. Hamilton

Synopsis

You know me. I am Meredith Gentry, princess and heir apparent to the throne in the realm of Faerie; one-time private investigator in the mortal world. You also know my circumstances: to be crowned queen, I must first continue the royal bloodline, and give birth to an heir of my own. If I fail, then my aunt, Queen Andais, will be free to do what she most desires: install her twisted son, Cel, as monarch...and kill me. My royal guards surround me, and my best loved - my Darkness and my Killing Frost - are always beside me, sworn to protect and make love to me. But still the threat grows greater. For despite my eager carnal efforts, I remain childless and all the while the machinations of my sinister, sadistic Queen and her confederates remain tireless.So my bodyguards and I slipped back into Los Angeles - hoping to outrun the gathering shadows of court intrigue. But even exile wasn't far enough to escape the grasp of those with dark designs upon us. Now, King Taranis, powerful and vainglorious ruler of Faerie's Seelie court, has accused my noble guards of a heinous crime - and gone so far as to ask the mortal authorities to prosecute them.

If he succeeds, my men face extradition to Faerie - and the hideous penalties that await there. But I know Taranis' charges are baseless - his true target is me. He tried to kill me when I was a child. Now, I fear his intentions are far more terrifying. Between the darkest faerie magic and the deepest desires of the flesh lies the world of Meredith Gentry - princess, private eye and powerful player in a deadly game of supernatural and sexual intrigue...

This book is better than Mistrals Kiss as there is more plot wierd sex but wierd sex is still there and I am beginning to lose interest in the main character a bit.

But she is still a very popular author as my library has a huge waiting list for her new books and i will probably keep reading hoping she returns to her old form.

Stuart a life backwards - Alexander Masters

Synopsis

This is a highly original and captivating memoir which has captured the hearts of readers everywhere. "Stuart, A Life Backwards", is the story of a remarkable friendship between a reclusive writer and illustrator ('a middle class scum ponce, if you want to be honest about it, Alexander) and a chaotic, knife-wielding beggar whom he gets to know during a campaign to release two charity workers from prison. Interwoven into this, is Stuart's confession: the story of his life, told backwards. With humour, compassion (and exasperation) Masters slowly works back through post-office heists, prison riots and the exact day Stuart discovered violence, to unfold the reasons why he changed from a happy-go-lucky little boy into a polydrug-addicted-alcoholic Jekyll and Hyde personality, with a fondness for what he called 'little strips of silver' (knives to you and me). Funny, despairing, brilliantly written and full of surprises: this is the most original and moving biography of recent years.

I loved this book and could not put it down. I found this book very funny but really disturbing especially when talking about his childhood abuse. He really came to life when you read the book. I found this book very open and honest and i believe it is a must for everyone to read. I giggled through alot of this and really felt for Stuart is some parts.

Artemia Fowl - Eoin Colfer

Synopsis

Twelve-year-old villain, Artemis Fowl, is the most ingenious criminal mastermind in history. His bold and daring plan is to hold a leprechaun to ransom. But he's taking on more than he bargained for when he kidnaps Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon (Lower Elements Police Reconnaissance Unit). For a start, leprechaun technology is more advanced than our own. Add to that the fact that Holly is a true heroine and that her senior officer Commander Root will stop at nothing to get her back and you've got the mother of all sieges brewing!

Fantastic book, really good fun read it in one day when i was off sick. I love the fairy characters with all the technology and especially that the lead fairy was a kick ass girl. A really good fun fast moving read. I need to read the rest of them now.

Artemia Fowl - Eoin Colfer

Synopsis

Twelve-year-old villain, Artemis Fowl, is the most ingenious criminal mastermind in history. His bold and daring plan is to hold a leprechaun to ransom. But he's taking on more than he bargained for when he kidnaps Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon (Lower Elements Police Reconnaissance Unit). For a start, leprechaun technology is more advanced than our own. Add to that the fact that Holly is a true heroine and that her senior officer Commander Root will stop at nothing to get her back and you've got the mother of all sieges brewing!

Fantastic book, really good fun read it in one day when i was off sick. I love the fairy characters with all the technology and especially that the lead fairy was a kick ass girl. A really good fun fast moving read. I need to read the rest of them now.

You do, they are fab

Touching from a distance - Deborah Curtis

Synopsis

This is the only in-depth biographical account of the legendary lead singer of Joy Division, written by his widow. Revered by his peers and idolised by his fans, Ian Curtis left behind a legacy rich in artistic genius. But although mesmerising on stage, in his private life he was introverted and had desperate mood swings. In "Touching from a Distance" his widow pieces together why - despite his impending international fame and young family - Curtis took his own life on 18 May 1980. Regarded as the essential book on the essential icon of the post-punk era, "Touching from a Distance" includes a full set of Curtis' lyrics, discography and gig list.

I loved this book and could not put it down even though at times i found Ian Curtis's behaviour quite chilling and disturbing. H walks a thin line between genius and madness but his madness it touched with a strong self destruction button whether it is his life or his family.

I would have read it in one sitting but alas i had to go to work.

I want to listen to his music again to see if i feel different or notice any differences

Unlocking your dogs potential - Sarah Fisher

Synopsis

Improve every aspect of your dog's life and behaviour safely and effectively by learning how to understand the way tensions and blocks affect him. Step-by-step exercises and simple observations will allow you and your dog to break free of nagging problems and enjoy the benfits of better health and a happier relationship. "Unlock Your Dog's Potential" covers a wide range of unique dog management tips and techniques, as well as training advice, including handling and bodywork exercises to improve movement and trainability. Case studies of dogs that Sarah Fisher has worked with appear throughout the book to show how her techniques relate to real-life situations.

Really interesting book and a must for all dog ownrs especially those who have rescue or problem dogs. Really good information about T-Touch too

Artemis Fowl - The Arctic Incident

Synopsis

Someone has been supplying Class A illegal human power sources to the goblins. Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit is sure that her arch-enemy, thirteen-year-old Artemis Fowl, is responsible. But is he? Artemis has his own problems to deal with: his father is being held to ransom and only a miracle will save him. Maybe this time a brilliant plan just won't be enough. Maybe this time Artemis needs help...

Really enjoyable fast action packed read.

These books are a really good read but if you compare with books such as the Harry Potter series these books alot faster paced but have less characterisation. I think this might be due to the length of the books too. However, these bokks are worth a read!!

Rhett Butlers People - Donald McCaig

Synopsis

This astonishing novel that parallels the great American classic novel, "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell, has been twelve years in the making. Now, the most beloved and most widely-read saga of the American Civil War is retold from the point of view of its unrivalled hero, the dashing and enigmatic scion of the South, Rhett Butler. See what Rhett is really thinking as he sits in the armchair listening to Scarlett declare her love for Ashley. Find out what happened on the other side of the cupboard, where Melanie was hiding.Discover the truth of Rhett's relationship with Belle Watling...Brought to vivid and authentic life by the hand of a master, "Rhett Butler's People" fulfills the dreams of countless millions whose imaginations have been indelibly marked by "Gone With the Wind". ""Rhett Butler's People" covers the period from 1843 to 1874, nearly two decades more than are chronicled in "Gone With the Wind". Readers will...get inside Rhett's head as he meets and courts Scarlett O'Hara in one of the most famous love affairs of all time." - "The New York Times".

Although i did enjoy this book it might have been easier to get my head around the era and the characters if i had reread gone with the wind first. I did use Wikipedia to refresh my memory about Gone with the Wind and that period in American History.

I loved the early stuff about Rhett's youth and his bits with Scarlett too.

Altogether an enjoyable read.

Then we came to the end - Joshua Ferris

I just could not read it. I found it dull and i did not want to read about offices and work i would rather escape in a good book than be reminded about work!!!

It could be my reading state of mind as i want books that i can really get lost in but i found my mind wandering when i was reading this

I loved Mister Pip. I thought the poetic style of it was just so beautiful. And I think that anyone can enjoy it whether or not they have read the book that was revolved around (drawing a blank) because I did and I've never read it. The Island life, the civil war and the way these people were effected by something that was so irrelevent to them was just such a head rush

Seeing Redd - Frank Beddor

Synopsis

Return to the dazzling world of The Looking Glass Wars as Wonderland is fantastically brought to life again by acclaimed Hollywood producer, Frank Beddor. Alyss of Wonderland's rule has only just begun, but the Queendom and her White Imagination are already under threat. Someone has resurrected the brutal Glass Eyes, and they are attacking Wonderland on all sides. Has renegade Redd Heart freed herself and her assassin Cat from the prism of the Heart Crystal? Can Alyss trust Boarderland's King Arch, as he extends a benevolent helping hand? A battle is raging but who is the enemy?

Number 2 of the looking glass wars trilogy. Equally as good as the first. These books are excellent really recommended.

Although this book has alot of action i like the fact it focuses on alot more characters really bringing them to life.

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - Stephen King

Synopsis

In the Gunslinger, Stephen King introduces readers to one of his most enigmatic heroes, Roland of Gilead, the last Gunslinger. He is a haunting figure, a loner, on a spellbinding journey into good and evil, in a desolate world which frighteningly echoes our own. In his first step towards the powerful and mysterious Dark Tower, Roland encounters an alluring woman named Alice, begins a friendship with Jake, a kid from New York, and faces an agonising choice between damnation and salvation as he pursues the Man in Black. Both grippingly realistic and eerily dreamlike, the Gunslinger leaves readers eagerly awaiting the next chapter. And the tower is closer!

I really enjoyed this book and i cannot wait to start the rest of them. I feel these books books can be reread and you will gain more from reading them each time.

Although i did struggle abit but maybe reading them first thing in the morning when my brain was sluggish was not a good thing, i need more brain power. This is the only reason i did not give it a 10