Books of the year- anyone getting ready yet?

We actually run a "Book of the Year" poll with several categories each year. In order that December's books can be included, we do the whole thing in January, so I hope everyone's been keeping a note of their favourite (and least favourite!) books this year!

I have my 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite books this year! ;)
I have a shortlist of two. I'm not sure I could pick a winner though.

But there are still almost two whole months of the year left! What if you read the most amazing book you've ever read in the next week or so? You'd have to re-evaluate your choices. :lol:

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but I think you're asking if it's just for books that were first published this year?

If that's the question, the answer is no - we do have a category for best newly-published book, but it's for books that you've READ over the course of the year, no matter what year they were first published.

The categories for the 2007 awards will be posted at the beginning of January with a thread for each one where members can nominate the books, then the most popular will be chosen for the poll and voting begins. At the end of voting, the winners are announced.