Abielle's Book Blog of Doom 2016 Edition

AbielleRose

Its going to be cold as Hoth here this weekend so I'll be wrapped up in my books with no plans to take the car out of the garage! Hoping to do a good marathon read at least one day. :D 

Maybe I will do The Oceans at the End of the Lane since it is rather smallish. ;)

Brr :cold:! I hope you have some nice reading time :). I quite liked that book, I hope you do too, if you decide to read it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I have OatEOtL (funny acronym, heh) here on my bed next to me. I'll be laying in bed all day due to a foot injury (nothing bad, just need to keep it elevated) and the fact that its currently -20 f (-29 c) outside. Cat, books and a pot roast with radishes and tomatoes in the crockpot! 

Charlie, I hope your daughter has a great trip! Where is she going? I'm in the center of the US up north bordering Canada. If she's on the east or west coasts I think she'll be much warmer than I am, heh :D Great idea to pack layers! This winter has been a very strange one so far.

Charlie, I hope your daughter has a great trip! Where is she going? I'm in the center of the US up north bordering Canada. If she's on the east or west coasts I think she'll be much warmer than I am, heh :D Great idea to pack layers! This winter has been a very strange one so far.

She is skiing in Vermont, they've been told to prepare for -20 and below, she is so excited! :D

I keep reading Vermont as Voldemort any time I look at this thread.

'Voldemort is gorgeous', is all I saw there. :roll:

:lol:!!

Abby, I hope you won't be too cold and that your foot will be okay. I hope you enjoy your time inside with a book and some nice food and such :).

Thanks Athena <3 

I think this weekend I've decided I'm going to spend Saturday cutting myself off from technology so I can just sit in the quiet and read. No tv, computer, music or even phone. All will be turned OFF for the entire day!  It worries me sometimes when I can't manage to so much as go into the bathroom or give my cat treats without my phone on me! 

I haven't gotten to start OatEotL yet, so hopefully Saturday for my little read-a-thon day! 

Well, my read-a-thon today was a complete bust. My blood sugar sank down super low last night and I've been unable to get it up much even after eating mac n cheese. (When this happens to me my hands shake like crazy and my vision goes really blurry). So, I ended up sleeping most of the day. I'm going to try my read-a-thon tomorrow, instead and hope for the best. It was just too hard to try and focus my eyes while my hands were shaking the book. :( Stupid pancreas.

Thanks Kylie <3 My vision is coming back a bit so I may try to get in an hour or so tonight, yet. :) Darn mortal bodies. 

Heaven must be a huge Library with overstuffed comfy chairs, perfect lighting and an all you can eat buffet of your favorite foods where all of your past pets get to live with you, books and happiness. 

Ooh, and a fireplace!

Thanks Kylie <3 My vision is coming back a bit so I may try to get in an hour or so tonight, yet. :) Darn mortal bodies. 

Heaven must be a huge Library with overstuffed comfy chairs, perfect lighting and an all you can eat buffet of your favorite foods where all of your past pets get to live with you, books and happiness. 

Ooh, and a fireplace!

Have you considered listening to audio books for times when you're not up to reading? Or is it best for you to be in a quiet environment? I hope Winny is looking after you. :)

That library sounds absolutely perfect!!

As soon as I can make it to our library here I plan to check it out! Audio books would be so wonderful. I wish there was a place online where I could rent them but it seems like even Audible (I know its for buying on there) is fairly pricey. 

Well, my read-a-thon today was a complete bust. My blood sugar sank down super low last night and I've been unable to get it up much even after eating mac n cheese. (When this happens to me my hands shake like crazy and my vision goes really blurry). So, I ended up sleeping most of the day. I'm going to try my read-a-thon tomorrow, instead and hope for the best. It was just too hard to try and focus my eyes while my hands were shaking the book. :( Stupid pancreas.

Awwww :( I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:

Ooh, and a fireplace!

That sounds good :).

As soon as I can make it to our library here I plan to check it out! Audio books would be so wonderful. I wish there was a place online where I could rent them but it seems like even Audible (I know its for buying on there) is fairly pricey. 

Has your library got a website?  You can borrow audiobooks online using our library service over here, so might be worth having a look to see if your library has that facility, especially if it's difficult to get out to visit.

We do, but I haven't set up my online account with them and you need a code that they give you in person. I'll go in Tuesday or Wednesday since I have appointments then from there I'll be able to do that :D I hope they have a few good ones on hand to get me going. I'm the sort of person who needs noise when I sleep so chances are I'll even play them while I sleep. 

I'll have to take another look at Audible. I cashed in their free book if you sign up about a year and a half ago but haven't touched it since then because of the prices. 

Amy and I sound like we'd have a lot in common! :D

I've watched Pride and Prejudice 4 times in the last week and really want to watch it again today, so I've decided to put the book on my pile for a re-read. Not sure why I've been so drawn to it lately, but the story just sort of makes my heart feel all warm and stuff. *sigh* Mr. Darcy...