The perfect holiday book...

hello all, i hope you are having a fantastic bank holiday..............

I am looking for some assitance...i am going on holiday later on this week with my young family and am after the perfect read....i have recently read shalimar the clown by the marvellous Mr Rushdie(Sir),life of PI,A million little pieces by James Frey,Shantaram and the Kite Runner......f you havent read any of these i strongly recommmend them.....

Any tips on similar encaspilating reads will be gladly accepted and will hopefully dim the noise of my screaming children for a short while......

Regards

GG

If you're up for something unusual, you might like to try Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See - excellent book and although it tackles some serious issues, isn't too heavy a read for a holiday (in fact, I read and enjoyed it on MY holiday recently!).

I think the aforementioned Savages by Shirley Conran is a great holiday read. At nearly 700 pages it is thick enough to last your entire holiday and the gradually increasing tension means that you'll always have the book to fall back upon when you want just to put up your feet and relax. Since the story itself starts with the women going to a tropical island paradise on a holiday, it should be fitting.:lol: