Book-Related Tattoos

Kylie

I'm not personally into tattoos and would never get one myself, but I can still appreciate them—especially those related to books (of course)! Have you seen any great book tatts that you'd like to share, or do you have one (or more) yourself? Share them here!

I'll kick it off with 22 Tattoos Only a Book Nerd Could Love. I especially like #21: The Phantom Tollbooth! :)

I love the way the TKAM one is done, with bits of the words cut off.

I only have the one literary one, 'So it goes.' from Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut, on my foot.

I would however love to get a Winnie the Pooh scene on my leg. Something relatively subtle, like Pooh standing near my ankle looking up, maybe with a couple of wintery trees in the background (much like you'd see in the corner of a page in the book), and maybe a balloon way up near my knee, and a couple of bees. Something like that where it's not immediately obvious it's all one tattoo, but it also works as a scene.

I like that it's in the shape of a bird, but I personally would have made sure that included the text about it being a sin to kill a mockingbird. :)

I love the sound of that Winnie the Pooh tattoo. :) Very clever!

ETA: Oh, and I also love the 'So it goes' quote!

I wasn't 100% sure if you knew, going by the way you had phrased your comment, so I thought I'd subtly mention it just in case. :giggle2: It took me a minute to notice it also. It's only a kind of vague bird outline, really.

I wasn't 100% sure if you knew, going by the way you had phrased your comment, so I thought I'd subtly mention it just in case. :giggle2: It took me a minute to notice it also. It's only a kind of vague bird outline, really.

:blush2::giggle:  I only glanced at each of them. I still love the effect, bird or not!

My niece has the Deathly Hallows symbol tattooed on her arm, and recently had three dragons (from GoT I think) on her tummy. They look pretty good. I am a huge fan of good tattoos, although I have none myself yet.  

The ones in the link are gorgeous, although once or twice I couldn't figure out which body part I was looking at and therefore couldn't guess the size.  :giggle2:

I love the sound of your W-t-P one, Noll. :)  Would it be proper traditional Pooh Bear?

I really fancy:

"We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep
."

I'm still working on the design  :)

I love the sound of your W-t-P one, Noll. :)  Would it be proper traditional Pooh Bear?

I really fancy:

"We are such stuff

As dreams are made on; and our little life

Is rounded with a sleep."

I'm still working on the design  :)

Yes, it would DEFINITELY be proper WtP. None of this Disney malarkey on my body, however much I like Disney Pooh too. :lol:

That's a lovely quote, where's it from?