Talent

Garcia24

I often wish I had a special talent or 'gift'. Not having an artistic bone in my body I would love to be able to draw and paint and can spend hours in galleries staring open mouthed at the works of art. What would your gift be?

I haven't got a talented bone in my body - I'd love to be able to play an instrument - Guitar preferably!

Talent is essential past a certain level, but you can become good at something by study and practice.

``My fingers,'' said Elizabeth, ``do not move over this instrument in the masterly manner which I see so many women's do. They have not the same force or rapidity, and do not produce the same expression. But then I have always supposed it to be my own fault -- because I would not take the trouble of practising. It is not that I do not believe my fingers as capable as any other woman's of superior execution.''

I'm a singer, but I really wish I could play an instrument - and preferably be able to sing at the same time. you know, like play the guitar and sing along? Or the violin or something like that. I did learn to play the violin when I was a kid, but when we moved, they didn't teach it at my school, so I didn't do it any more.

I can Zentangle, but I wish I could actually paint and draw. I'd love to be able to create pieces that actually look like the thing they're supposed to be!

I'd love to be able to write. I have a million and one ideas in my head, but I have the most terrible time translating them to the page. They're a tangle of half ideas and none of them connect or have an ending to them. I'd dearly love to have that talent to bring them all together and be able to get them on the page.

I used to dance and am now taking a beginner's class in Ballroom and Latin American dancing, which is fun, but I would love to be able to dance like the folks on Strictly Ballroom - that would be awesome! They look so elegant.

What type of singer would you like to be Nollaig? Who do you admire?

This is exactly what I would want to sound like. If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, skip to 2:35 and listen from there to the end, as that's the best showcase of her voice :)

I'm ok at a lot of crafty things but I'm not very creative and find it difficult to come up with original ideas, so I just follow patterns or tutorials.  The trouble is, I'm a perfectionist, and an impatient one at that, and I can't something quickly, I get frustrated with myself and often give up.  I wish I could draw and paint, but having taken a few art classes, I was never happy with anything I'd done, and gave up.

I would love to sing but I can't hold a tune to save my life, so it's a solo effort in the car only.  Ditto with dancing, although that's a kitchen activity … in the car would be ridiculous! :D

I would love to be a great dancer also. If I was A LOT younger Break Dance would be my choice, so clever. This of course being in my fantasy world where I would be too cool for school and not have gammy knees! :doowapstart: