Tennis

supergran71

Nadal went through woo hoo...come on, although i like Soderling as well so good and bad...glad about Berdych though bored with Fed winning it all the time shock though. Andy Murray sorry I am a bit meh about him

I like Nadal too, and am rooting for Berdych to get through, and hopefully our Andy, but on the day it is anyone's game:blush:

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think one of the reasons I find Murray so meh is his almost complete lack of character, just saw the post match interview and yeah I know he is tired etc etc but he is dour in the ectreme...saw both Nadal and Bertych in same position and they were positively buzzing...oh well i wish him well but my spanish side will be routing for Nadal.

Woo Hoo! Federer is out! Did you see the look on his wife's face during that last game when she knew he was in serious trouble? Priceless! I know this is going to sound really horrible, but I have never been so glad to see someone lose before! Berdych is a star!

Andy played great yesterday, although I do have to admit to having a bad feeling prior to the match starting and for a wee while during it, but he pulled it off in the end. Woo!

I'm really not sure who will win out of Murray and Nadal though. I'd love to say Murray and that's definitely who I'll be rooting for, but I do think it might be a bit of a struggle for him.

There is something about Murray that seems to put a lot of people off him and even though he isn't all that great during interviews etc he is still British and for that reason and that reason alone I want to him to win! It's been so long since we've had a British winner and he's our best chance at the moment, so go Andy!

I think Andy is growing on people gradually, it took a while for us to get over Tim. Tim's so nice but he had the killer instinct of a poodle. Andy has the killer instinct but I don't think he'll beat Rafa at Wimbledon .. yet anyway. I wish him the best of luck though :D

I was sorry to see Roger go, he's such a graceful tennis player, quite beautiful to watch. You couldn't expect his wife to look anything but gutted, it must be horrible for the players partners.

I was shocked and amazed to see Federer lose on centre - anyone that has my twitter will have seen my shock at his loss. It's good for Wimbledon though, it means someone else will get a chance, and maybe quite possibly that someone could be Murray. He's got a very difficult match against Nadal now, but if he can get through that, the title should be his for the taking.

Personally couldn't care less what nation he is from and whats the big deal anyway the better tennis player should win..but as half Spanish half English (British) its a win win situation for me :D

Just watched Berdytch annihalate Djocovich (spelling apologies) I am not sure why everyone seems to think that if Murray or Nadal win they are a sure thing for the title, that man has awesome power and control whatever happens it should be a good final.

Come on Nadal :D!!!

Well the final came and went and I thought it was a bit one sided. Poor guy couldn't do a thing against the 'on form' Nadal. Well worth being the top in the world.

I thought it was great and a well deseved win, loved the doubles after too did not see enough of them this week as the weather was so good they were on earlier than normal

I had to agree with Dan there. It certainly was great to see Rafa back on top at Wimbledon - even if it meant that we had to see the current champion bow out. However, after not being able to defend his title last year, this was a wonderful victory for him, and one which he probably considered as his title defence, in all honesty. Good to see him back on top form.

• 6 months later...

Anyone been watching the tennis in Oz with Andy Murray. Watched him this morning eventually getting through to the final on Sunday morning. Tough game though getting there.

BBC2 8.30 Sunday morning for the final...set your alarms...:D

It was quite sad to see Andy Murray fall once again at the last hurdle in the Australian Open, like the disappointment felt when he was beat by Federer last year. I struggled through the early hours to watch most of his games throughout the earlier rounds and I was impressed to see him playing some fantastic tennis, with a confidence that suggested he could finally win his first Grand Slam. Of course Novak Djokovic had also played some great tennis in his own right, of course knocking out the defending champion on his way to playing Murray, so it wasn't going to be an easy match. I think most people expected a Djokovic win, but not quite in the style that it happened: Murray was thoroughly outclassed and Novak was majestic. What's reassuring is that it can only be a matter of time before Andy picks up a victory, so he's got to get himself back into good spirits and into training for the French Open in Paris later in the year.

• 4 months later...

Well done Andy Murray being King at the Queen's Club London. Some great tennis played v TSonga yesterday. Hope he carries it over to Wimbeldon

Andy played some fantastic tennis at Queens but he always seem to do so in ATP Tour events, when it comes to the Grand Slams over five sets it is completely different. Andy will get to the Semi Finals as he usually does, as he better than most men on the tour but not as good as the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. Just hope he plays that shot again and that people get off his back with all this 'he hates England rubbish' and back him like we used to do with Henman.!

Andy played some fantastic tennis at Queens but he always seem to do so in ATP Tour events, when it comes to the Grand Slams over five sets it is completely different. Andy will get to the Semi Finals as he usually does, as he better than most men on the tour but not as good as the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. Just hope he plays that shot again and that people get off his back with all this 'he hates England rubbish' and back him like we used to do with Henman.!

Now now let's not count him out of Wimbledon before it has begun; at Queens he played some fantastic tennis, despite the fact that Wimbledon is going to be a whole different kettle of fish. I have been impressed with Britain's Andy Murry this year, and would love him to do well at Wimbledon this year. It won't be easy, everyone knows that, but if he sticks at it and plays consistently he has every chance of reaching the final and perhaps even winning this year; we'll have to see. As for the support, I'm behind him and everyone in Britain should be too.

I watch tennis a lot lately and apparently there are really only 3 top players, which are nadal, Djocovic and Federer. Murray is like a spoiled baby. Whenever he gets behind he whines and throws a tantrum and seems to get worse and worse. He is fine when he is ahead, but it seems like he is no good when there is pressure.

Looking forward to Wimbledon starting today. Hope that not too much rain falls to spoil it. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a British Champion this year. Go Andy go, wishing you Good Luck for the tournament.

Bright and blue skies at the gate opening. I am so looking forward to this, Wimbledon always gets everyone excited and rightly so.

Edited by Ben

It's lovely to see it again ... looking all gorgeous and green like it always does. Hope we have a better week than is forecast, Wimbledon is at it's best when the sun shines.

Good luck Andy, use the force :D