Your Book Activity - May 2015

frankie

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are both very well written characters, aren't they? I think Sidney Grice is so rude, but I just can't wait to hear what he has to say next. :giggle2:

Yep, they are. :) And I love that March keeps saying things like 'Why are you so mean'?

On a happier note, I have started The Curse of the House of Foskett. :boogie:

Yay! Hopefully I'll receive my copy next week. :D I'd better get a wriggle on and finish the first one then!

Yay! Hopefully I'll receive my copy next week. :D I'd better get a wriggle on and finish the first one then!

30% in and I can safely say that it's as good as the first book. :boogie:

Edited by bobblybear

Oh that's good to hear- I really want to read it- its on the short list for when I get home.

I'm almost halfway through now, still love it. Think it'll probably be a 4.5 star read, if it ends well.

Woohoo for this! I'm glad you finally got that over with then :).

I know, but now I am enjoying Champion.  80% in and its going fast!  Should be done by the time I leave. :exc:  

I'm almost halfway through now, still love it. Think it'll probably be a 4.5 star read, if it ends well.

Now I can't wait :)

I know, but now I am enjoying Champion.  80% in and its going fast!  Should be done by the time I leave. :exc:

I'm so glad you're enjoying it :exc:!!

I'm currently reading John Flanagan - Ranger's Apprentice 9: Halt's Peril.

I'm still reading The Goddess of Buttercups and Daisies but I'm really enjoying it.  It'll probably keep me going today and possibly tomorrow as well, as I don't think I'll have much reading time today and then back to work tomorrow.

Finished The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. Wobbled a little towards the end, but that's my own bias against faerie-heavy stories. Review to follow (still need to review The Quiet Earth too).

No idea what's up next, but I did just get a proof copy of Uprooted by Naomi Novik through my door this morning so I suspect it might be that!

Finished The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. Wobbled a little towards the end, but that's my own bias against faerie-heavy stories. Review to follow (still need to review The Quiet Earth too).

Oh no, that sounds awful, compared to the synopsis!  I was thinking more of the/a devil.

I've finished off Athena and my read of Marie Lu's Legend Trilogy for our discussion when we meet up.  I finished Champion early this morning, reviews to follow our discussion in Amsterdam (and I have a lot to say :P ).  Now I am going to read Brandon Sanderson's short story Perfect State.

Oh no, that sounds awful, compared to the synopsis!  I was thinking more of the/a devil.

No its very much in the vein of Tithe/Valiant/Ironside, but more emphasis on the human stuff. And much better. Very good read, genuinely.

I've finished off Athena and my read of Marie Lu's Legend Trilogy for our discussion when we meet up.  I finished Champion early this morning, reviews to follow our discussion in Amsterdam (and I have a lot to say :P ).  Now I am going to read Brandon Sanderson's short story Perfect State.

I look forward to hear it :D! I hope you enjoy Perfect State, I'd be happy to hear too what you think of this one :).

I'm currently reading John Flanagan - Ranger's Apprentice 11: The Lost Stories, which contains short stories that take place in this world.

I'm reading Uprooted by Naomi Novik and so far it's very very well-written. Absolutely no idea where the story is going to go, but there's over 400 pages of it and it's definitely piqued my interest.

Due to being bery busy at my internship and having to read lots of scientific papers there my own reading has dwindled to near nothing.. :( Have started to read Time's Eye by Arthur C. Clarke etc, but is hard to focus when you only feel like reading once a week.. :(

I finished The Goddess of Buttercups and Daisies today.  Not sure what to read next … have two library books out, so should probably read one of those, but a bit tempted by the book jar.  I might pick a book out of the jar and see what it is and then choose between that or the library books. :)

I'm still reading The Goddess of Buttercups and Daisies but I'm really enjoying it.  It'll probably keep me going today and possibly tomorrow as well, as I don't think I'll have much reading time today and then back to work tomorrow.

What a lovely title.... :smile: