What are you listening to? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you liking it? :)

I'm not liking it :(  I'm loving it :wub:  The first track came on and I thought 'this may be the best song they've ever recorded!' then the next same came on and I thought 'No!  This is the best song they've ever recorded!'  And it went like that through the whole album :lol:  It's superb from start to finish.  I haven't even listened to the 'Day Sessions' disc yet  :D

Can't wait for the gig next month.  Really hope they play these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mxYAHaKL4k

I'm not liking it :(  I'm loving it :wub:  The first track came on and I thought 'this may be the best song they've ever recorded!' then the next same came on and I thought 'No!  This is the best song they've ever recorded!'  And it went like that through the whole album :lol:  It's superb from start to finish.  I haven't even listened to the 'Day Sessions' disc yet  :D

Can't wait for the gig next month.  Really hope they play these.

:lol: So happy to hear you're loving it!! Well worth the wait, I presume! I think I'm going to listen to it today... Are there two CDs then? 

You're going to see them next month? So freaking jealous! :unsure: But of course darn happy for you :D 

:lol: So happy to hear you're loving it!! Well worth the wait, I presume! I think I'm going to listen to it today... Are there two CDs then? 

You're going to see them next month? So freaking jealous! :unsure: But of course darn happy for you :D

Yeah, going to see them at Islington Assembly Rooms.  Never been there before, should be interesting :smile:

And yes, it's a 2-disc edition.  Still haven't listened to the Day Sessions.  It's their most accessible album to date, I think.  Not sure how it will go down with all the fans but it's working for me.  Had to force myself not to listen to it today (I don't want to burn-out on it), so back on Maiden.

Yeah, going to see them at Islington Assembly Rooms.  Never been there before, should be interesting :smile:

And yes, it's a 2-disc edition.  Still haven't listened to the Day Sessions.  It's their most accessible album to date, I think.  Not sure how it will go down with all the fans but it's working for me.  Had to force myself not to listen to it today (I don't want to burn-out on it), so back on Maiden.

It's always exciting to go to a new revenue to see a band :) I hope it's great! 

I wonder where I could find the second disc... or if it was on the link from where I listened to the album yesterday. Seems like their most accessible album so far, yes. Wasn't totally blown away like you were, when I listened to it, but it was only the first listen and yesterday was a really crappy day. It probably wasn't the best time to listen to the album for the first time :rolleyes: 

I love it when one's acquired a brand new album by one of one's favorite bands and then one just loves it and can't get enough of it, but has to pace it, in order not to 'burn-out on it', as you put it :wub: Music <3

I wonder where I could find the second disc... or if it was on the link from where I listened to the album yesterday. Seems like their most accessible album so far, yes. Wasn't totally blown away like you were, when I listened to it, but it was only the first listen and yesterday was a really crappy day. It probably wasn't the best time to listen to the album for the first time :rolleyes:

This is what happened to me, anyway - when you get the chance put it on the headphones, turn the lights off, and drift away with it.  And crank up the volume :D

This is what happened to me, anyway - when you get the chance put it on the headphones, turn the lights off, and drift away with it.  And crank up the volume :D

Yeah, I did think that I'd better listen to it with headphones. And when I know I won't be disturbed and have a few hours to myself. :yes: 

One of my all-time favourite albums was released 33 years ago yesterday.  It was the first Rush album I bought on release day.  Thirty-three years ago yesterday I first heard songs like Subdivisions, The Analog Kid, and Losing it.  Where does the time go? 

Happy birthday, Signals!  :sign0072:  Thank you for all the enjoyment you've given me over the years :friends3:  :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6UfebpgjfM