What are you listening to? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chesilbeach - what did I do wrong that it wouldn't "link" to utube?

I don't know … I've had problems with YouTube links in the past and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I copied the address you'd posted and put it in a new browser window so that it loaded it there, then copied the full address again and pasted it into the quote.  I noticed when I quoted your post and looked at the code, it had it within [media] tags, so perhaps it was something to do with that?

ISIHAC "Hamish, you'll have had your tea?" :lol:

The funniest thing that I've heard, especially with the occasional guest of The Laird ( love Jeremy Hardy to pieces, as long as he doesn't sing!  :D ). But I still miss Humph :cry: . Jack Dee is good, but Humph was special. 

Edited by Marie H

The funniest thing that I've heard, especially with the occasional guest of The Laird ( love Jeremy Hardy to pieces, as long as he doesn't sing!  :D ). But I still miss Humph :cry: . Jack Dee is good, but Humph was special. 

I love it when Jeremy "sings"!  :lol:  You're right about Humph, we're always going to miss him, but I think Jack Dee is doing an excellent job.  I still miss Willie Rushton too, I love listening to some of the classic series from back then, and it's amazing they can still keep it fresh and funny when you consider how long it's been going now.  Always guaranteed to cheer me up. :)

I love it when Jeremy "sings"!   :lol:  You're right about Humph, we're always going to miss him, but I think Jack Dee is doing an excellent job.  I still miss Willie Rushton too, I love listening to some of the classic series from back then, and it's amazing they can still keep it fresh and funny when you consider how long it's been going now.  Always guaranteed to cheer me up. :)

Yup, listening to ISIHAC always makes me laugh (usually with tears of laughter! :D )

I discovered it in the late 80s, when the original teamsters. They still make me laugh now. My fave was when Humph is explaining what Samantha was going to see the archivists :lol:, or meet her gentlemen friends!! The one about the Neapolitan was the most wonderful on the DVD, as Humph had such an innocent expression on his face :o . I don't know how he managed to keep a straight face! 

I think that Graeme Garden is my favourite, with his wordplay, and punchlines are so sharp (especially the Uxbride English Dictionary definitions  :rolol: ) 

I think Graeme is my favourite too, I love it when they play the game where they have to say words with no association with others, and when Jack tells him it's his turn, he'll say something like "Me?" and Jack will agree, then Graeme will say, "No that was my word".  Gets him every time! :lol:

Alex Band's solo album. Alex is that young blondie fella with the mad deep voice from The Calling. He's not young and blondie anymore, but his voice is as gorgeous as ever. Not sure how, but I've gotten onto an Alex binge the last few days. It went Guns N Roses, Elton John, Alex Band. Got stuck on Alex.

Listened to a podcast of BBC World Service's The Food Chain. Episide called The Cold Chain

Where does the food in your fridge come from and how did it get there? More than likely it made its way along the cold chain - the refrigerated transport of food and drink around the world.

It was really fascinating!!   :smile:

Heard this on Radio 3's Late Junction on Tuesdya night. Listened some more of her tracks since then, but they were a bit too

techno for me. But this one is great!