Devi's Book-Everest for 2015

Devi

I think I should refrain from giving my opinion on that. ;)

I was thinking a bit of everything, but then I didn't want to have to insult animals. :giggle2:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking a bit of everything, but then I didn't want to have to insult animals. :giggle2:

I'd be interested to know, once you've read a bit more of the book, which animal characters in the book you like and don't like. I don't know much about Australian politics (or politics in general, really), so I couldn't comment on that, but who knows you might find one or multiple appropriate animals :P.

I am just putting this here, I didn't want to talk over in Tims thread in case he doesn't like Robin Hobb.

I loved the Farseer Trilogy, and the Tawny Man trilogy - I read them one after the other and felt they would of been just as good as a six book series. I'd say read Tawny Man trilogy next.

I enjoyed Farseer (the second book in particular, although I did find the third book dragged badly) and then stalled completely on the Liveship Traders trilogy, for no particular reason that I can think of.  I keep meaning to go back and read the second and third books but I can't remember much of the first one at all, so I'd have to re-read it, which is what's stopping me, unfortunately.  I did really like her writing style, though.

I tried to read the first book in the Liveship Traders but I could never get into it, so I skipped the trilogy and went straight onto the Tawny Man trilogy instead. The Liveship Traders aren't essential to the other two trilogies from what I have heard from people who have read all three sets.

I'm going to throw a spanner in and disagree slightly here. I really enjoyed The Liveship Traders trilogy and I would go with that next (or at least try it). The Tawny Man trilogy contains spoilers for The Liveship books so while you don't need to read Liveship to enjoy Tawny Man, Tawny Man might spoil the Liveship trilogy should you ever want to read it. I don't think the spoilers (so far - I'm only on the second Tawny Man book) are devastating and you might get away with reading Tawny Man and then leaving a big gap before Liveship, but personally I hate spoilers and could never take a risk like that myself :o:lol:

EDIT: having got further in book 2 of Tawny I have to say - it contains big spoilers for the Liveship books

Edited by ~Andrea~

:I-Agree: It's also a very short quick read. You could do it in a day.

That's true, but Devi is tired a lot so I don't think she can spend a lot of time reading per day :(, depending on how she feels.

Interesting about the Robin Hobb books, I shall keep that in mind!

I haven't started Animal Farm yet! How bad am I :blush:

I have just been so sucked into the world of Dragon Age Inquisition (a ps4 game), that all my time has been spent playing it - between cooking and cleaning.

Gaia! You really need to play it, it's soooooo good. I love it better than the second, and maybe even better than the first one.

I have just been so sucked into the world of Dragon Age Inquisition (a ps4 game), that all my time has been spent playing it - between cooking and cleaning.

Gaia! You really need to play it, it's soooooo good. I love it better than the second, and maybe even better than the first one.

It's great, isn't it? :D I'm on my second playthrough (we have it for Xbox One) - I completed the main story when it was released last year, and started another game this week (been off work with tonsillitis and needed something to occupy me). I'm taking the time to do all the side quests and explore all the areas and am having a whale of a time. :D

What are you playing as? I'm a male human rogue using double daggers. :D

It's great, isn't it? :D I'm on my second playthrough (we have it for Xbox One) - I completed the main story when it was released last year, and started another game this week (been off work with tonsillitis and needed something to occupy me). I'm taking the time to do all the side quests and explore all the areas and am having a whale of a time. :D

What are you playing as? I'm a male human rogue using double daggers. :D

I'm playing a female elf rogue with bow. I'm currently exploring Crestwood, so I am still near the beginning of the game. I hear there is over 100hrs of gameplay with side quests included!

I'm playing a female elf rogue with bow. I'm currently exploring Crestwood, so I am still near the beginning of the game. I hear there is over 100hrs of gameplay with side quests included!

Yeah, my first playthrough was 90+ hours, and there were still loads of sidequests and war table missions that I never got around to! Glad you're enjoying it. :)