Your Book Activity - January 2015

Kylie

Oooh, I do hope you love this one Kylie  :exc: , as I loved this one,  (and Dtr did a wonderful review of this one, very poetic) and Flavia is such a great character. Plus, if you do this one, then are 7 more in the series already to look forward to as well  :smile: .

I really hope you like it Kylie. I liked it and have just read the next. I think Flavia is great :)

Thank you both. :) I'm only a dozen pages in but already enjoying it immensely. :) Looks like I'll be adding the rest of the series to my wishlist!

Been ill and not felt like reading, so finished an Agatha Christie - The Seven Dials Mystery. Not her strongest I don't think but the solution is vintage Agatha and it was an easy read which suited my (coughing and sneezing) mood.

Now starting Rebecca, quite never out because I really want to enjoy this one.

Hope you're feeling better soon.  :empathy: I can certainly see how Agatha Christie would be a good choice when you're unwell. I'm hoping to read about half a dozen of Agatha Christie's novels this year—I need to make a dent in the huge number of unread books I have of hers!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Kylie :) I do love a good Christie - I want to read them all eventually. They are great when not well or mojo is fragile!

Your quote amused me. I clearly didn't proof read my post "I'm quite never out" :giggle2: nervous was what I meant!

Been ill and not felt like reading, so finished an Agatha Christie - The Seven Dials Mystery. Not her strongest I don't think but the solution is vintage Agatha and it was an easy read which suited my (coughing and sneezing) mood.

E

Now starting Rebecca, quite nervous because I really want to enjoy this one.

You will .. I'm sure :hug: Hope you do anyway xx

E

I hope you feel better soon, Alexi!

Just finished Invitation to the Waltz by Rosamond Lehmann which lovely Janet bought me  :wub: Absolutely gorgeous! .. woofed it up in no time.  

Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :) It sounded like your kind of book, but one never knows when choosing for someone else.

This is one of my favourite books so your decision could be the make-or-break of our friendship. :giggle2: nah, just kidding but I do hope (and think) you'll enjoy it. :)

Get well soon. :hug:

Hope you feel better Alexi  :friends3: .

As the great poet Ogden Nash had the idea that

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker!"  It works for me in almost every in life experiencse..... :giggle:  

Finished Goth Girl and the Fete Worse Than Death by Chris Riddell last night - and this one I give this one 6 out of 6 as a rating! I know it's a children book, but the plot is hilarious (a celebrity Bake Off, with the Hairy Hikers, Gordon Ramsgate, Heston Harboil etc, :giggle2: ) and the illustrations are superb!! 

I am 35% into The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden, still good, I am just reading it soooo slow!  :thud: Seems like it is taking FOR- ever!  I 

That's good! I have't read Jonas Jonasson's first one yet.....  (After The Kite Runner)  :readingtwo:

That's good! I have't read Jonas Jonasson's first one yet.....  (After The Kite Runner)  :readingtwo:

The 100 Year Old Man... by Jonasson was my favorite book of 2014 until I read John Green's An Abundance of Katherines :smile: 

I don't know what is wrong with me, I just have no motivation to read.  I don't blame The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden, but I might have to find something I can grab and read quickly, if just to get the feeling of something accomplished!

The 100 Year Old Man... by Jonasson was my favorite book of 2014 until I read John Green's An Abundance of Katherines :smile: 

I don't know what is wrong with me, I just have no motivation to read.  I don't blame The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden, but I might have to find something I can grab and read quickly, if just to get the feeling of something accomplished!

Short books are always good for getting you back on track .. hope you find something that takes your fancy :)

Hope you feel better Alexi  :friends3: .

As the great poet Ogden Nash had the idea that

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker!"  It works for me in almost every in life experiencse..... :giggle:  

Finished Goth Girl and the Fete Worse Than Death by Chris Riddell last night - and this one I give this one 6 out of 6 as a rating! I know it's a children book, but the plot is hilarious (a celebrity Bake Off, with the Hairy Hikers, Gordon Ramsgate, Heston Harboil etc, :giggle2: ) and the illustrations are superb!!

That's a great quote!

I read Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse at the beginning of the month, which was really good. I'd love to read the one you mention too, though I don't know if the library has it. I'm glad you liked it :)!

I picked up The Iron King by Julie Kagawa a while back and am hoping to sink into it tonight. Hoping I can get back into reading more, even if its just a couple chapters at a time.

I think that's on my wishlist, I hope you enjoy it :)!

I'm so sorry you're not having much motivation to read :(. Maybe reading something short or re-reading a favourite book or short story could help? (not that I'd suggest you abandon TGWStKoS). I hope it gets better soon :friends0:.

I've started to read Holly Smale - Geek Girl 3: Picture Perfect yesterday. I pre-ordered it last year and it arrived a few days ago. I'm excited to be reading it, I really liked the first two books in the series. So far it's pretty good :). I look forward to read more in it later.

I know I've read The Future of Us, but I can't find a record of it if I search on here.  :dunno: Anyway, I remember it being pretty good. :)

I'm glad you liked it :).

I finished Holly Smale - Geek Girl 3: Picture Perfect which was really good (review up later) and have started Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3: The Last Straw, a 'random' children's book I borrowed from the library.

Short books are always good for getting you back on track .. hope you find something that takes your fancy :)

That's a great quote!

I read Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse at the beginning of the month, which was really good. I'd love to read the one you mention too, though I don't know if the library has it. I'm glad you liked it :)!

I'm so sorry you're not having much motivation to read :(. Maybe reading something short or re-reading a favourite book or short story could help? (not that I'd suggest you abandon TGWStKoS). I hope it gets better soon :friends0:.

Thanks girls, I have to do something otherwise, I am going to go nuts!  A re-read is a good idea, so is a short book.  I might pull out a Jack Reacher, Lee Child is always good for breaking my slumps.  I will figure it out today, for sure!

I thought that was the Goth Girl you read :smile:

I read a few chapters of The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie today, and I started (and read a few chapters of) The Martian by Andy Weir.

I hope to get to The Martian as soon as possible!

I read a few chapters of The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie today, and I started (and read a few chapters of) The Martian by Andy Weir.

Loved both of them!  :D

Still in the middle of two.  Watching too many films. :) 

Finally finished Order Of The Phoenix! Thankfully the last two are shorter and hopefully therefore will be more enjoyable. I have only a bit to go in Long Lankin, but I'm taking a little break from it as it is really drawn out and I'm finding myself frantically skimming the pages.

Next up - Elizabeth Is Missing by.... someone. I've forgotten, sorry.