Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2015

Little Pixie

My neighbour's cat, Treacle, got hit by a car a couple of weeks ago.  It displaced her hip and knocked her insides about badly.  Somehow she managed to drag herself from the road, through their cat flap, up the stairs and under the bed before they found her.  She had an operation, which went well, and was allowed to come home.  She was supposed to be confined and not allowed to move around too much, so they bough a special cage to put her in whilst she recovered.  Rather stupidly, I think, my neighbour allowed her out of the cage.  The wound got infected.  She went back to the vet and they did their best.  She died yesterday :(

Poor little thing, she was only 1 year old and she was so sweet and friendly.  She used to walk along the sill outside my front window and look in to see if she could spot Pixie.  I think Pixie's missing her already :(

Oh, that`s awful. Poor, poor Treacle.  :(

Hugs for Pixie.  :hug:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great site !  It had this link on the front page - Israel open air library.  I just love the look of it.  :D

It looks so comfortable and lovely!  But what about when it rains??  New Orleans gets so much rain, I just automatically think of that......

attachicon.gifDSC00610.JPG

A cat-themed pic - Xiao-Xiao with some lovely book covers, and a 5p bag-for-life ( from Oct 5th, all the supermarket bags are charged for instead of free ). 

Ooooooooh!  Lovely!  :D

Oh, that`s awful. Poor, poor Treacle.  :(

Hugs for Pixie.  :hug:

Poor little darling.  Agreed, how can people be so unthinkingly stupid?

Gad Zooks! 

Although, I've seen pictures of "houses" in New York City that are only 5 feet wide, set in what used to be the alleyway between houses, and sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars.....same difference, I suppose.

Edited by pontalba

Gad Zooks! 

Although, I've seen pictures of "houses" in New York City that are only 5 feet wide, set in what used to be the alleyway between houses, and sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars.....same difference, I suppose.

I didn`t know they do those Hobbit Houses in New York as well. I found this one, which looks lovely - and much classier than some of the UK ones.  :smile:

My neighbour's cat, Treacle, got hit by a car a couple of weeks ago.  It displaced her hip and knocked her insides about badly.  Somehow she managed to drag herself from the road, through their cat flap, up the stairs and under the bed before they found her.  She had an operation, which went well, and was allowed to come home.  She was supposed to be confined and not allowed to move around too much, so they bough a special cage to put her in whilst she recovered.  Rather stupidly, I think, my neighbour allowed her out of the cage.  The wound got infected.  She went back to the vet and they did their best.  She died yesterday :(

Poor little thing, she was only 1 year old and she was so sweet and friendly.  She used to walk along the sill outside my front window and look in to see if she could spot Pixie.  I think Pixie's missing her already :(

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that :(.

What?! That is crazy early :thud:. Here the Sinterklaas decorations aren't up yet in towns (I think), and that's the 5th of December. I expect they will have them up in November somewhere, they usually do. The Christmas decorations usually are put up after Sinterklaas, so after the 5th of December.

That said, last year I was so excited about having my first Christmas tree I broke the rules and put it up before Sinterklaas time (before the 5th of December), since we don't really celebrate Sinterklaas anymore (aside from the candy, we do eat that :D).

What?! That is crazy early :thud:. Here the Sinterklaas decorations aren't up yet in towns (I think), and that's the 5th of December. I expect they will have them up in November somewhere, they usually do. The Christmas decorations usually are put up after Sinterklaas, so after the 5th of December.

That said, last year I was so excited about having my first Christmas tree I broke the rules and put it up before Sinterklaas time (before the 5th of December), since we don't really celebrate Sinterklaas anymore (aside from the candy, we do eat that :D).

I had to look up Sinterklaas - it rings a bell now, `cos of the controversy. 

I like the cocoa and cookies bit ! :D 

Xiao-Xiao had an early Xmas  last night - I was opening a plastic baggie ot crunchies for her and they ripped open and spilled all over the kitchen floor - she `helped` me with the clean-up ( at one point, she was ankle deep in crunchies going num-num-num  :giggle2: ). 

Xiao-Xiao had an early Xmas  last night - I was opening a plastic baggie ot crunchies for her and they ripped open and spilled all over the kitchen floor - she `helped` me with the clean-up ( at one point, she was ankle deep in crunchies going num-num-num  :giggle2: ). 

:lol:  Now see, I'd be in big trouble if that happened.  I was told last week, by the vet, that since Pixie's stomach has been sorted out she has now put on too much weight, so she's got to go on a diet! :doh:

I had to look up Sinterklaas - it rings a bell now, `cos of the controversy. 

I like the cocoa and cookies bit ! :D 

Ah sorry, I thought you might have read my explanation on it last year :doh:, yes there has been some controversy. Me too :D

Haha, cute :giggle2:!

:lol:  Now see, I'd be in big trouble if that happened.  I was told last week, by the vet, that since Pixie's stomach has been sorted out she has now put on too much weight, so she's got to go on a diet! :doh:

Nooooo ! How will you cope with all the plaintive squeaking ! :o How overweight is she ?  :smile:

I think Xiao-Xiao`s lost a bit of weight since switching to mostly Felix sachets, with 7 or 8 crunchies as an appetiser. 

If I read it, it didn`t stick.  :blush2:  :giggle2:

Do you make your own cookies for that night ? :smile:

That's okay :giggle2:.

I used to make my own cookies all the time with my mum when I was a child. Last year Michael and I tried to do it ourselves using an old family recipe, only to find out after making it, that there must be an ingredient missing. So last year it didn't work out so well. This year though we plan to try again with a proper recipe :).

I buy the chocolate cover ones, because they are so tasty :blush2: (harder to make those yourself).

That's okay :giggle2:.

I used to make my own cookies all the time with my mum when I was a child. Last year Michael and I tried to do it ourselves using an old family recipe, only to find out after making it, that there must be an ingredient missing. So last year it didn't work out so well. This year though we plan to try again with a proper recipe :).

I buy the chocolate cover ones, because they are so tasty :blush2: (harder to make those yourself).

Ooh, will you put the recipe on here ? :D 

Are the Dutch choc biscuits similar to these ones ?    :smile:

Ah sure! We bought some special flour for it some months ago (it was on sale) so I just have to look on the pack what it says to do with it. I will have to look up a word though because I'm not sure what the herb is called in English.

I don't think the 'pepernoten' or 'kruidnoten' are similar to those cookies. They look delicious though :D!

Ah sure! We bought some special flour for it some months ago (it was on sale) so I just have to look on the pack what it says to do with it. I will have to look up a word though because I'm not sure what the herb is called in English.

:D  

I found this Speculaas recipe - is this similar ? :smile:

Poor Xiao-Xiao got in a fight today - another cat attacked her on her balcony. :o She doesn`t seem injured and is happy to be picked up ; hopefully she doesn`t have any scratches which could turn into another abscess.  

:D  

I found this Speculaas recipe - is this similar ? :smile:

The recipe contains a few ingredients that I think weren't in mine, and the shapes of the cookies are different (but that's easily remedied :D), but otherwise I think they might be quite similar, yes :).

Poor Xiao-Xiao got in a fight today - another cat attacked her on her balcony. :o She doesn`t seem injured and is happy to be picked up ; hopefully she doesn`t have any scratches which could turn into another abscess.

Awwww :( poor Xiao-Xiao. I hope she will be okay :(.

The recipe contains a few ingredients that I think weren't in mine, and the shapes of the cookies are different (but that's easily remedied :D), but otherwise I think they might be quite similar, yes :).

Thanks. :) 

Awwww  :( poor Xiao-Xiao. I hope she will be okay  :(.

Thank you.  :D  She was running around at 615am, sliding on the rugs, so she seems okay at the moment ; now she needs another little talk about how the clocks went back an hour. :doh:  

Thank you.  :D  She was running around at 615am, sliding on the rugs, so she seems okay at the moment ; now she needs another little talk about how the clocks went back an hour. :doh:

Our animals are confused too! I'm glad Xiao-Xiao is okay :).