Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2015

Little Pixie

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love cat pics :D.

It's kind of terrifying though, the situation that there might be a terroristic attack very soon. I would be really scared :hide:. But that's a different discussion.

It seems to get worse every day.  :hide:

<< Goes off to look at cheering cat pics >>.

I`m behind with book reviews again.  :blush2:

Last night I got round to reading Bruno, Chief of Police - I liked it so much, I`m looking forward to reading the other 8 in the series. There`s also a free Xmas story    which I`ll read later today. 

Bruno - fortysomething Chief of Police in a village in S-W France - is a veteran with a secret sorrow ( will he be able to love again ?! ) who spends most of his time helping to protect the villagers of St Denis from EU bureaucrats, who are seeking to disrupt the local market with their petty rules. 

The rural area is shocked when a particularly nasty murder occurs, and Bruno gets himself involved in the investigation, alongside the National Police. It`s a pleasant, gentle read, full of food and the countryside, with plenty of charming characters. :D  

I`m surprised it hasn`t been turned into a TV show yet.  :smile:

Edited by Little Pixie

She's 4.9kg, and they want her down to 4kg.  She's a fat cat!  :giggle2:

That is big ! :o  

Really? My boy once got to around 7.2 kg. But he's just generally a big cat. When I picked him up from the pound, he was supposedly the same age as the other kittens there, but about twice their size. I was told he had to lose a bit of weight so he's down to, I think, 5.8 kg now. No one says he looks overweight anymore, so I guess that's a good sign. :) But then the vet was a bit concerned because she thought he had lost the weight too quickly (over 12 months). There's no pleasing some people! It's now the moulting season and, judging by the amount of fur suddenly covering my floors, I'd guess he's lost another 0.5 kg. :P

Last night I got round to reading Bruno, Chief of Police - I liked it so much, I`m looking forward to reading the other 8 in the series. There`s also a free Xmas story    which I`ll read later today.

Thanks for this, I just downloaded it off Amazon US :D.

Rats - flooding on the way for Wednesday - the flood gate will have to go up here and my 3 new apple trees have only just been planted - boo ! :hide:

:( I hope things will get better soon! I really don't like rats, they're worse than mice. I hope your apple trees make it :).

Really? My boy once got to around 7.2 kg. But he's just generally a big cat. When I picked him up from the pound, he was supposedly the same age as the other kittens there, but about twice their size. I was told he had to lose a bit of weight so he's down to, I think, 5.8 kg now. No one says he looks overweight anymore, so I guess that's a good sign. :) But then the vet was a bit concerned because she thought he had lost the weight too quickly (over 12 months). There's no pleasing some people! It's now the moulting season and, judging by the amount of fur suddenly covering my floors, I'd guess he's lost another 0.5 kg. :P

Good grief ! He`s obviously just big boned. And well covered.  :giggle2:

What`s your furry family members name, Kylie ?  :smile:

Thanks for this, I just downloaded it off Amazon US :D.

:( I hope things will get better soon! I really don't like rats, they're worse than mice. I hope your apple trees make it :).

Hope you like it !  :D

Flood drama.   

And if my apple trees don`t make it, I shall be saying rats;)

I am so sorry :doh: I thought you had a rat infestation on top of the flooding :giggle2:.

No, it was a Cultural reference :smile: - I don`t know what Charlie Brown says in Dutch ?! :giggle2: 

There were rats about 15 years ago, when we had the worst flooding ( but that was in the area next to us - it was still scary enough though. :hide: ).

We`ve now flooded up to the garden, and there are increasingly large puddles appearing.  Gardens either side are all flooded and their pumps need to work fulltime, but ours is just going intermittently. 

No, it was a Cultural reference :smile: - I don`t know what Charlie Brown says in Dutch ?! :giggle2: 

There were rats about 15 years ago, when we had the worst flooding ( but that was in the area next to us - it was still scary enough though. :hide: ).

We`ve now flooded up to the garden, and there are increasingly large puddles appearing.  Gardens either side are all flooded and their pumps need to work fulltime, but ours is just going intermittently.

I don't know, I honestly don't remember :blush2:.

It's strange but I just looked at an old PM you sent me, and then you also had flooding problems :doh:. I'm so sorry it happens a lot :(.

It's strange but I just looked at an old PM you sent me, and then you also had flooding problems :doh:. I'm so sorry it happens a lot :(.

On the plus side, being near a river means lots of lovely wildlife.  :smile: And it`s safer for the cat ; she has a large play area.  

• 2 weeks later...

What`s your furry family members name, Kylie ?  :smile:

My boy's name is Jasper. :) He's currently staying with friends for a week because I'm in and out of the house doing small trips away. I'm only home for one night (tonight) and it's so lonely and quiet in the house without him! I'm used to being with him 24/7 (I work from home).

My boy's name is Jasper. :) He's currently staying with friends for a week because I'm in and out of the house doing small trips away. I'm only home for one night (tonight) and it's so lonely and quiet in the house without him! I'm used to being with him 24/7 (I work from home).

I hope Jasper`s okay with his stay in a guesthouse.  :D

Have you Skyped him while you`ve been away ?  :blush2:

• 2 weeks later...

I think he likes staying at my friend's place. They have cats and dogs and generally more activity, so Jasper probably enjoys having a bit of an active lifestyle for a while. His cats are outdoor cats, though, and they nearly always pass on fleas to my boy.  :mellow:

My friend and I usually FaceTime (Mac version of Skype) so yeah, I always get to see him. :D

I think he likes staying at my friend's place. They have cats and dogs and generally more activity, so Jasper probably enjoys having a bit of an active lifestyle for a while. His cats are outdoor cats, though, and they nearly always pass on fleas to my boy.  :mellow:

My friend and I usually FaceTime (Mac version of Skype) so yeah, I always get to see him. :D

Sweet ! :D  Though not the fleas.  :hide:

Sarah, are you okay with all the floods in the UK? :(

Thanks for asking.  :D

We`re expected the field behind the garden to flood again on Saturday ; so far, we`ve been extremely lucky  and have only needed to use the flood wall/floodgate/pumps/  once, and then it was only 10cm on the other side of the wall. It`s pelting down now but I think the bulk of the rain has gone to the North of us - I feel so sorry for the people affected. :(

Apologies for not posting much this Month - I`ve got a stupid infected big toe and have spent the past 4 weeks on ever-doubling-doses of antibiotics. it`s such a little thing but sooo painful, and I`ve been sleeping ( and whining ;) ) a lot. :doh: 

I`ll get to my Best of 2015 picks and fill in my book list in January - I reached 200, whee !  

Best Wishes and Happy New Year to all !  :party: