Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2015

Little Pixie

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleah, getting over flu again - I`ve had it three times this year.  :doh:

A quick update of my books, then off to get more Lemsip. 

#149   Citadel - kate Mosse

#150   The Yiddish Policeman`s Union - Michael Chabon

#151   A Question of belief - Donna Leon

#152   The Black Shroudds - Gwenyth and Constance Little

#153   Never eat your heart out - Judith Moore

#154    The Dishonest Murderer - Frances and Richard Lockridge

#155   Popular - Maya Van Wagenen

#156   The Age of License - Lucy Knisley

#157   The Basket case - Ralph McInerny

#158   The J Alfred Prufrock murders - Connie Holt Sawyer

#159   Death Masks - Jim Butcher

#160   Blackout - Connie Willis

#161   The diplomat and the Gold piano - Margaret scherf

#162   Arcadia Falls - Carol Goodman

#163   Miss zukas shelves the evidence - jo dereske

#164   The Invisible Library - Genevieve Cogman

#165   All Clear - Connie Willis

#166   Murder in Grey and White - Connie Holt Sawyetr

#167   Fleur de Lies - Maddy Hunter

#168   Thunder in the Sky - Elizabeth Peters

That is big ! :o   :giggle2:  Poor Pixie, she could be comfort eating after the loss of her friend. :(

Nah, this is all to do with the stomach problem she had - she wasn't digesting the food properly, it was going straight through her, so she was eating more as a result.  Now her stomach's been cured, but she got used to eating a lot, and her body is now digesting the food properly - hence all that extra weight she's put on.

Nah, this is all to do with the stomach problem she had - she wasn't digesting the food properly, it was going straight through her, so she was eating more as a result.  Now her stomach's been cured, but she got used to eating a lot, and her body is now digesting the food properly - hence all that extra weight she's put on.

Oh, I see. Can you make her run after string for longer at Pixie Playtime ? Or is dieting the only way ?  :smile:

Bleah, getting over flu again - I`ve had it three times this year. :doh:

A quick update of my books, then off to get more Lemsip.

Awww, I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:, and that you won't be ill for a long time now!

Wow, you read 168 books this year so far, have you ever read that many in one year?

Awww, I hope she gets back to a healthy weight soon.

Are you able to change the food she is on? Maybe to something more natural that fills her up better? (You may have done this already). I changed the dogs and cat to a grain free diet a year or so ago and they have been much better on it.

Awww, I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:, and that you won't be ill for a long time now!

Wow, you read 168 books this year so far, have you ever read that many in one year?

Aww, thanks so much, Gaia.  :D

Last year`s total was 203 ; I`m aiming for 200 again this year, though if I suddenly get into lots of long books and miss the target, I won`t be too bothered - anything over 100 books is a win for me.  :smile:

Aww, thanks so much, Gaia.  :D

Last year`s total was 203 ; I`m aiming for 200 again this year, though if I suddenly get into lots of long books and miss the target, I won`t be too bothered - anything over 100 books is a win for me.  :smile:

So you've won already :D!

Are you able to change the food she is on? Maybe to something more natural that fills her up better? (You may have done this already). 

Yeah, it was changing the food to the special food the vet recommended that solved her stomach problem.  The regular food bought from the supermarket just didn't agree with her at all.

I love that :D!

I`m very taken by Gretchen Rubin`s shelves ; I`ve been reading her Happiness Project this year ( one chapter per month ), so it was nice to see the home she talks about in her book. :smile: 

Well, I`m back from getting 4 stitches at the Doctor`s - I had a pimple on my arm which started bleeding over a year ago and has never healed, so it`s been cut out to be biopsied. The local anaesthetic`s still working, so I`m fine so far...   :hide:

I`m very taken by Gretchen Rubin`s shelves ; I`ve been reading her Happiness Project this year ( one chapter per month ), so it was nice to see the home she talks about in her book. :smile:

That looks good. I'm adding it to my wishlist :D.

Well, I`m back from getting 4 stitches at the Doctor`s - I had a pimple on my arm which started bleeding over a year ago and has never healed, so it`s been cut out to be biopsied. The local anaesthetic`s still working, so I`m fine so far...   :hide:

Awww poor you :(. I hope it won't hurt so much once the anaesthetic wears off :flowers2:.

That looks good. I'm adding it to my wishlist :D.

:D  I`ve also started reading her second book - which runs from Sept. to June - which I`m enjoying even more ( the first book runs Jan-Dec).  

Awww poor you  :(. I hope it won't hurt so much once the anaesthetic wears off  :flowers2:.

Thank you !  :D  My arm`s okay unless I carry something or twist it, then the stitches tug and ache. It`s not as bad as I worried about !  :blush2:

:D  I`ve also started reading her second book - which runs from Sept. to June - which I`m enjoying even more ( the first book runs Jan-Dec).  

I've added that one to my wishlist too :D.

Thank you !  :D  My arm`s okay unless I carry something or twist it, then the stitches tug and ache. It`s not as bad as I worried about !  :blush2:

I'm glad to hear that :)!

Thanks :D, it is interesting! I just took the quiz on the four tendencies of habits.

EDIT: It's a great site! I've added it to my blog list (I follow blogs on Bloglovin').

I`m so glad you like it ; it`s one of my best books of the year, and I recently started listening to her podcasts too - hopefully you`ll get as much out of it as I have.  :D

I`m so glad you like it ; it`s one of my best books of the year, and I recently started listening to her podcasts too - hopefully you`ll get as much out of it as I have.  :D

Thanks :D! It's probably geeky, but I'm looking forward to BCF's annual end-of-year survey where we get to fill in our best books of the year :giggle2:.

Thanks :D! It's probably geeky, but I'm looking forward to BCF's annual end-of-year survey where we get to fill in our best books of the year :giggle2:.

I missed that last year.  :doh:

The Police helicopter`s been over for the past couple of days, together with river search and rescue. Someone went swimming in the river and is now missing.  :(

In much nicer news, Xiao-Xiao needed more kitty litter and the supermarket was out - so I got some from Pets at Home - and - they have baby bunnies for sale ! I went to look at their pen and a cute ginger one hopped over, put its front paws up on the glass and peeped at me - it was just adorable !  :wub:

I missed that last year.  :doh:

The Police helicopter`s been over for the past couple of days, together with river search and rescue. Someone went swimming in the river and is now missing.  :(

In much nicer news, Xiao-Xiao needed more kitty litter and the supermarket was out - so I got some from Pets at Home - and - they have baby bunnies for sale ! I went to look at their pen and a cute ginger one hopped over, put its front paws up on the glass and peeped at me - it was just adorable !  :wub:

I hope you won't miss it this year! I'm curious about your answers :).

Awww :( that's so sad. Did they find the person? Or are they presumed dead :(.

Baby bunnies are so cute :wub:!

Awww :( that's so sad. Did they find the person? Or are they presumed dead :(.

I think they`re presumed dead ; there`s very little chance once you`re in the river, because of the sudden cold and the shock to your body that causes, apparently. They`re still looking, but the river`s up 1.5 m over the past few days - flooding overnight, then again in a few days - which makes it more difficult for the river rescue people.