Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2015

Little Pixie

Since I was down to under 800 books in my TBR - and having trouble deciding what to read - I ordered some more books.  :hide:  :giggle2:

An Age of Licence - Lucy Knisley     £9.61

The Diplomat and the Gold Piano - Margaret Scherf   £4.54

The Treasure Hunt - Andrea Camilleri   £2.97

The Heist - Daniel Silva   £4.84

The Joy of Doing Things Badly - Veronica Chambers    £2.81

The Long Way Home - Louise Penny   £4.66

The J Alfred Prufrock Murders - Corinne Holt Sawyer  £2.81

The Age of Doubt - Andrea Camilleri   £2.22

The Potters Field - Andrea Camilleri   £2.80

Wear More Cashmere - Jennifer Sanders  £2.80

First Come, First Kill - Frances and Richard Lockridge    £2.49

Small Favour - Jim Butcher   £1.98

Happier at Home - Gretchen Rubin   £2.80 

Practical Magic - Alice Hoffman   £1.85

Books read : 148                        TBR 803             New Books Bought : 178                      Total Cost : £ 525.62

Edited by Little Pixie

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The delivery dates are mostly Oct 8 - 23. Ooh, I hope I can find something to read in the meantime to keep me going...  ;)

So technically you can get your TBR pile back under 800 by the time your new books arrive, right? :D

You're so brave keeping track of the amount of money you spend on books. It'd be too depressing for me to do that...and it wouldn't curb my book buying, so what's the point?!  :giggle2:

The delivery dates are mostly Oct 8 - 23. Ooh, I hope I can find something to read in the meantime to keep me going...  ;)

Oh that's still a while away. I hope you can find some books in the meantime to entertain yourself with :).

You're so brave keeping track of the amount of money you spend on books. It'd be too depressing for me to do that...and it wouldn't curb my book buying, so what's the point?!  :giggle2:

I agree, it is very brave! My budgetting program keeps track of it for me, but I prefer not to look at that particular statistic too much :hide:.

So technically you can get your TBR pile back under 800 by the time your new books arrive, right? :D

Considering the amount of books I`m buying, it`s made me think that at least I`m not spending £1,000s on books. Though it`s also made me think that over 10 years, that would be £5,000.  :blink:  So maybe that thought will slow me down...  :hide:

Or not.  :giggle2:

I sign up for emails from Gretchen Rubin, and today`s was about Loopholes and self-justification. I`m trying not to think ` Ooh, those are some really good excuses !`.  :blush2:

Edited by Little Pixie

Oh that's still a while away. I hope you can find some books in the meantime to entertain yourself with :).

Thanks ! I`ve forced myself to start a long book which has been on my TBR pile for 2-3 years - Citadel by Kate Mosse - and I`ve read about 300 pages a day ( out of 920: I`ll hopefully finish it tonight ) . I shall push through the Book Blahs. 

I agree, it is very brave! My budgetting program keeps track of it for me, but I prefer not to look at that particular statistic too much  :hide:.

I`m thinking that I should have also put up last year`s total next to it, as a warning sign to myself.  :smile:

I just looked it up :

2014 Books read : 203                    TBR 751              New Books Bought : 213      Total Cost : £391.92

And this year`s so far :

2015  Books read : 148                  TBR 803             New Books Bought : 178        Total Cost : £ 525.62
Edited by Little Pixie

Since I was down to under 800 books in my TBR - and having trouble deciding what to read - I ordered some more books.  :hide:  :giggle2:

An Age of Licence - Lucy Knisley     £9.61

The Diplomat and the Gold Piano - Margaret Scherf   £4.54

The Treasure Hunt - Andrea Camilleri   £2.97

The Heist - Daniel Silva   £4.84

The Joy of Doing Things Badly - Veronica Chambers    £2.81

The Long Way Home - Louise Penny   £4.66

The J Alfred Prufrock Murders - Corinne Holt Sawyer  £2.81

The Age of Doubt - Andrea Camilleri   £2.22

The Potters Field - Andrea Camilleri   £2.80

Wear More Cashmere - Jennifer Sanders  £2.80

First Come, First Kill - Frances and Richard Lockridge    £2.49

Small Favour - Jim Butcher   £1.98

Happier at Home - Gretchen Rubin   £2.80 

Practical Magic - Alice Hoffman   £1.85

Books read : 148                        TBR 803             New Books Bought : 178                      Total Cost : £ 525.62

Great logic!  Makes perfect sense to me. :D

Sounds sensible to me. Nothing worse than looking at the shelves and not having enough choice. :yes: 

Absolutely! :D

FYI, I subscribe to a great book blog and thought I'd share..... /evil grin/  http://www.shelf-awareness.com/

Awwwwwww look at the kittyyyyy!! Torties rule. :wub: :wub: :wub:

As an aside, did that tiger-striped cat ball used to have a white feather attached to it? :rolleyes:

No - that`s the plain version. I`ve seen the mice ones with the feather, and didn`t think they`d last long. I assume that`s the case ?  :giggle2:

:giggle:

I worry about feathers getting stuck in her throat.  :smile:

I always used to as well, until the vet pointed out that cats eat birds all the time. :) For us, our main worry is dangly stuff. Last year Fili swallowed what turned out to be a ribbon (that she'd pulled off a cat toy, no less), and she very nearly died after it got tangled up in her intestines. All that stuff you hear about cats playing with balls of string . . . well, not in our house!!

I always used to as well, until the vet pointed out that cats eat birds all the time. :) For us, our main worry is dangly stuff. Last year Fili swallowed what turned out to be a ribbon (that she'd pulled off a cat toy, no less), and she very nearly died after it got tangled up in her intestines. All that stuff you hear about cats playing with balls of string . . . well, not in our house!!

Poor Fili. :( Xiao-Xiao has supervised play with string, after getting tangled up and nearly throttling herself. :doh:  

My neighbour's cat, Treacle, got hit by a car a couple of weeks ago.  It displaced her hip and knocked her insides about badly.  Somehow she managed to drag herself from the road, through their cat flap, up the stairs and under the bed before they found her.  She had an operation, which went well, and was allowed to come home.  She was supposed to be confined and not allowed to move around too much, so they bough a special cage to put her in whilst she recovered.  Rather stupidly, I think, my neighbour allowed her out of the cage.  The wound got infected.  She went back to the vet and they did their best.  She died yesterday :(

Poor little thing, she was only 1 year old and she was so sweet and friendly.  She used to walk along the sill outside my front window and look in to see if she could spot Pixie.  I think Pixie's missing her already :(